Missing Girl In Portugal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are peoples thoughts about these people leaving there kids alone in an apartment whilst they go out for a meal.

I think its an absolute disgrace and would have them up for neglect. :evil:

I would not leave my kids for 1 second.

Lets hope it all turns out ok in the end

Sponsored Links
I agree scat

but this is way too high a price to pay

god speed that lil un back home

I agree with corgiman, I'd like to see the safe return of the child then tell the parents off, my heart goes out to them.

Sponsored Links
ends shivers down my spine. Ive got atwo year old and would never leave her alone. i was heavily involved in the sarah payne case, makes me thinks of that and leaves me feeling cold

what i read was the parents where eating in a near by restraunt, is this true they left her on her own while they went for a meal .

Cannot understand leaving them alone at all...

Not alone in those thoughts either :-
[url=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article1764123.ece]TOL[/url] said:
Angry Portuguese ask why couple left the children alone...

:(

and the relations of the missing girl had the cheek to critizice the police :evil: it wouldnt have happened if the parents hadnt been negligent ! having said that god bless her and heres praying for her safe return

I get the impression that Thermo is a serving or ex-policeman from his post, so I wonder if he has any thoughts on what i am about to say.

I read somewhere, so it could be total bull, that the young Girl has a desease that means she is unlikely to see out her later teens and that although OK now, in a few years, the last half of her short life would be filled with drugs to numb pain and control the desease and her quality of life would be very low indeed.

As I say, this was in a newspaper so it could be inaccurate, or downright wrong, but if true, I do wonder if the parents have some involvement in the disapearance of their daughter, perhaps they have allowed her to "die peacefully"?

Please understand I am not wishing to start some malicious rumour here, and this is where Thermo being a serving or ex-policeman may shed light on the subject, how many children, of all those murdered each year for whatever reason, are a victim of their parents? The news said the other day that of 42 child murders in the last decade that made the national press, 35 were klilled by a parent, five by a relative, and only two by strangers.

Sobering facts if accurate.

I sincerely hope the young girl is safe, but as with everyone, I think we all know enough to have a bad feeling about this.

Stulz, I hope you're wrong buddy. The very thought has sickened me. As a parent I don't think I could do that under any circumstances. If true though, wouldn't the parents wait until she was suffering badly? Seems a bit strange, mind you the whole thing seems weird. :confused:
Regarding your statistics, I wonder how many of those 35 kids had terminal deseases? I'm betting not many, so the parents would have done away with them for other reasons - like cause they're fookin nuts (the parents, not the child).
I think if the parents have done it, the body would turn up before long but I feel that she'll never turn up now. Obviously we all hope she comes back safe and sound.

If it is true that the parents left a 3 yr old ALONE then they have no come back in my opinion.Just think about it,if there was a fire or leaking gas in the house then if the parents did check up on her every half hour then that still does not make it right.The parents should be charged with neglect :evil: not very responsible parents if what they say is true?I may not know all the facts but why are they blaming the police?stable door and horse spring to mind.rant over.

The thought of a 3-year-old child being alone/imprisoned/suffering is rather painful, and I'm sure everyone feels that, but I can't help thinking that there's more to this case than meets the eye.

1. The mother of my step-children would never have left her own three-year-old child alone, in any hotel room, in any country, for half-an-hour.

2. I can't imagine what would motivate someone to break into a room, silently, steal a child, and then stay silent about it, without some conspiracy being behind it.

4. When I first saw the parents on TV, they were about 1% as distraught as I expected them to be.

I can't work out if I hope more than I'm wrong than I'm right, because it seems that there can be no good outcome from this.

Yes! I know what you mean, and it makes me feel guilty for wondering whether the parents have a nasty secret, when they almost certainly are Innocent and grieving the terrible loss of their child.

I saw on the news (think it was the day after she was "taken") that there was some bloke saying that that holiday complex they were on is part of a chain of these types of holiday complexes. He said that people purposely choose to go to these sites so they can leave their kids in the apartments and that they have groups of "nannies" patrolling the site and that if they hear a baby crying they would radio to the restaurants that there was a baby crying in a certain apartment number. WTF is all that about? Is this a chain of holiday sites where negligent parents take their kids so they don't have to look after them? :eek:
Softus said:
2. I can't imagine what would motivate someone to break into a room, silently, steal a child, and then stay silent about it, without some conspiracy being behind it.
I imagine a woman or couple that have been trying for a child but can't have any getting so distraught that they'd take one. Either that or some paedophile's taken her - it now appears that the police are looking one.
Softus said:
.... because it seems that there can be no good outcome from this.
These types of things never seem to have a happy ending do they. :(

gcol said:
He said that people purposely choose to go to these sites so they can leave their kids in the apartments and that they have groups of "nannies" patrolling the site and that if they hear a baby crying they would radio to the restaurants that there was a baby crying in a certain apartment number.
This has sinister connotations, because it implies that someone would know which hotels to target if stealing a toddler was their aim.

WTF is all that about? Is this a chain of holiday sites where negligent parents take their kids so they don't have to look after them?
This implies something that I think you didn't mean it to, which is that there's something wrong with parents leaving children in the care of someone else. If the situation is low risk, then we all do it, hence bespectacled teenage female babysitters proliferate. If a hotel room were being watched from all angles, then the situation would also be low risk, but there's something about the 'sun and Sangria' restaurant atmosphere that increases tolerance to risk, just when you [sometimes] need to be on your most alert. :(

...it now appears that the police are looking one.
Sadly, this particular Portuguese police force seems to have lost the plot.

Sponsored Links
Back