Most reliable condensing boiler?

This is my opinion only!

I fit 90% Worcester Bosch because of the following reasons:
1) Very good to fit
2) Pleasing on the eye
3) Extremely reliable! ( I have suffered less than 1% failure rate during warranty period and I fit two a week on average)
4) excellent controls
5) Excellent after service care
6) quality performance does what it says on the can
7) excellent range for all occasions, - wall mounted, floor mounted etc

I also rate vaillant and veissman but not as much as WB

See he likes them, yet ive been 2 8 in last year with pin holed blocks, so this is a problem with the way are built, worcester are now made from budget plastic parts yet stll charge top whack, not exactly what they say on the tin

Fitting easy, so are all boilers, replacing parts on them, awful so people will charge you more to fix

just my opinion

Sponsored Links
This is my opinion only!

I fit 90% Worcester Bosch because of the following reasons:
1) Very good to fit
2) Pleasing on the eye
3) Extremely reliable! ( I have suffered less than 1% failure rate during warranty period and I fit two a week on average)
4) excellent controls
5) Excellent after service care
6) quality performance does what it says on the can
7) excellent range for all occasions, - wall mounted, floor mounted etc

I also rate vaillant and veissman but not as much as WB

See he likes them, yet ive been 2 8 in last year with pin holed blocks, so this is a problem with the way are built, worcester are now made from budget plastic parts yet stll charge top whack, not exactly what they say on the tin

Fitting easy, so are all boilers, replacing parts on them, awful so people will charge you more to fix

just my opinion

Nust take you to task on this pal!

the Juniors (standard efficiency) and i's and cdi's all have A FEW plastic parts. No probs most boilers do! Most boilers are more plastic than anything else..wb aren't. Even the 350's etc have plastic and do you know what I have loads of 240's 350's etc that i go and service ..up to 20 yrs old and still going strong! would like to see a biasi, baxi or chaffotaux in 20 years (i wont)

Your comment about working on them! every part on the green star is easily changed! It wouldn't take me an hour max to fix a prob on a worcester! can't say that about many other boilers!

BG charge a standard £160 and wb £210 to fix any of these boilers as a one off so the choice is simple! Get someone in who doesn't know what he's doing and get spanked for £400 or get one of the above out!

Your comment about working on them! every part on the green star is easily changed! It wouldn't take me an hour max to fix a prob on a worcester! can't say that about many other boilers!

Yes you can quite easily lift one off and on the wall to change the PR valve in under an hour :LOL:

I agree with your points though, especially point 5. No other manu can compete on this one which does it for me.

just my opinion

See i agree, i dont believe worcester deserve to be seen as the rolls royce of boilers anymore. The current models are poor by comparison to some of the boilers coming over from the continent. I think baxi's are pushing worcester nowadays.

Since the old CDI's they have been terrible to work on to change the most basic parts. Worcester designers dont give a fig about repairers having to fix them. Good thing their service dept is good.

Im a vaillant fan but . . . even their standards have slipped a little. And customer care is poor at times.

Sponsored Links
Worcester boilers are probably not much more (if any) reliable and not any better built and i agree they do not deserve their title as far as build quality.
What they have however, is a back up second to none. This is the biggest selling point for any installer and the customer. The boiler sells itself through their backup.

Vokera had the same back up in central Scotland in the 90's and they cleaned up. Probably more than half the boilers fitted were Vokeras.

If the manus could build a full boiler from plastic, they would.

[/quote]

They are all at it.

Thats why im liking baxi's at the moment, seem to be going back to brass. That said, so are ideal :confused:[/quote]

yep i like baxi and main are my fav

from a repairers point of view WB boilers are a pita no question and they're no more reliable than many other boilers. Not to mention the extortion racket they have on their flue systems which are often twice the cost of competitors flue components even though they come from the same factory.

im probobly gona get some stick from baxi haters but BAXI DUO-TEC fitted quite a few now and never had a problem, not a single fault.
but then i always ensure the system is super clean .
cheaper than worcester and valliants too ;)

Yes you can quite easily lift one off and on the wall to change the PR valve in under an hour :LOL:

I agree with your points though, especially point 5. No other manu can compete on this one which does it for me.

Tamz. remove pump after draing down (10 mins at most)
remove return manifold ( 10 mins at most)
replace new PRV ( 2 mins??)
replace above components! ( i'll give you 25 mins ( not required) )

I get to 47 mins............Or if you remove and push the gas pipe to the side it will take you ten mins if you can get your fat fingers (like mine) in!

Ill second that SUPERGAS ive fitted a good few and have no complaints
very good mid priced boiler imho
Plenty of room inside for repairing
easy to fit and selection of warentee options for customer to choose from
What more do ya need
Oh and baxi pick up the phone when u ring.

Anybody who puts a boiler on a dirty sys isnt doing there job properly.

My only gripe is the supplied filling loop-can leak when topping up/women cant understand them-dont ask why.

i had the filling loop leak once but i undid it and re-tightened it and it sorted it,
must admit they give me an E R E C T I O N. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back