Moved keypad, now can't login to smartcomm and no Eng code

There is a default code and and default panel option you want to look at default codes only option.

Sponsored Links
There is a default code and and default panel option you want to look at default codes only option.
Can you link me to anything please? I’ve done as late 47 in the manual but when holing the lid tamper in (so thinks the lid is on) and holding the “load defaults” for 6 seconds nothing happens.

I’ve done as you said on the smartcom, even tried new Ethernet and it still flashes on the cloud symbol.

Last edited:
Page 17 of installation manual tells you how to reset engineer code back to default.
Caution when defaulting, read instructions .

With the tamper secure and the load default pressed in you should hear it beep to confirm it’s done.

Sponsored Links
With the tamper secure and the load default pressed in you should hear it beep to confirm it’s done.
It doesn’t do anything (as per page 17) I’m guessing this means it’s NVM locked? No bleep at all

Looking at that install I would expect the installation company to have a profile of the installations they install. Installation companies do not issue the engineer code to end users, this is for various reasons many to do with insurance certification. If the engineer code is locked or nvm locked contact the installation company and they should reset code and could charge the end user.
Not normal to lock nvm.

Looking at that install I would expect the installation company to have a profile of the installations they install. Installation companies do not issue the engineer code to end users, this is for various reasons many to do with insurance certification. If the engineer code is locked or nvm locked contact the installation company and they should reset code and could charge the end user.
Not normal to lock nvm.
I’m not sure what to say, I’ve asked the installer and he said the code be usually uses doesn’t work, so either I changed it (I doubt it), or he doesn’t want to share it with me.

So if tamper secure and holding the load defaults doesn’t do anything, does that mean I’m locked? Or do I need todo that during power up?

I do however have my master code if that helps?

I suppose I need to try a full factory reset, but I do this is it possible to backup my config with regards to zones and outputs etc via wintex?

no point in doing a factory reset as it will make no difference.

If NVM locked its locked full default does not unlock it, so always better to do a code only reset.

no point in doing a factory reset as it will make no difference.

If NVM locked its locked full default does not unlock it, so always better to do a code only reset.
I managed to get it NVM reset by shorting two pins on the chip, found it on another site. Now to work out how to commission to get basic smart com on first!

don't recommend that process as a slip can bugger things up but most nvm chips can be reset by pin shorting

Last edited:
Ok, so got everything back up and running including me changing the engineer code. For some reason however the smartcom only works via Wi-Fi and not when hard wired via Ethernet. I’ve reset the smartcom a few times and make up a new cable too, still won’t connect via Ethernet. I’m assuming this is why I’m getting no ATS as it’s trying to connect to the previous setup config

cable fault?
tested multiple cables and still no joy. Been on the phone to tech support and they think it may be a problem with the port on the SmartCom but I'm not sure (as it was working only a few days ago and nothing been plugged/unplugged to it).

Came across this thread: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/texecom-smartcom-setup-issues.544804/

I also am using ubiquiti networking gear and virgin media although that shouldn't make a difference as wifi works fine.

Really no idea why wifi works and ethernet doesn't, so strange

I couldn't tell you without taking a deeper look.

If you test the cable is it good (it is unlikely that several cables are duff, but not impossible).

so if you reset the smart com (no wifi connection is possible) does it connect with a cable.
What does the router see?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back