"Moving Incomer" **pics included - updated-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. long story short electrics were box'd in and now not.

i have pics

i need the mains electrics turned 90 degrees. who do i get? an elec or the elec board? my elec is through british gas. would they do this free or charge me?

also i no i need a new fuse box and i will get one asap.

DSCF2273.jpg

DSCF2274.jpg

DSCF2275.jpg

i have put the guard there to stop my 20month daughter getting at it so as you can imagine i need to get sorted asap.

the bricks where the mains elec are , are coming out so i wanted to move
it to the wall where the other elecs are.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
The stuff on the wall that the coats are on belongs to you and can be moved by an electrician.

The stuff on the other wall is the property of the electricity compnay and only they can move it.

If you wanted it all moved you'll need an electrician and someone from the electricity company out

That install looks ****ed around with by an incompetant person as well btw....

You need to get phone your elec supplyer and tell them its unsafe (to create the urgentcy)

They will charge you.

And most importantly get a electriain to sort the very messy fuseboard out.

Thats even more important!

Sponsored Links
You mean you want the incomer and meter moved? That are mounted on a board on the stub wall?

The Electricity Supplier will have to do it.

The company that own the equipment is probably different from the company that will do the work and certainly different from the company that you get your bills from.

However, it is not your responsibility to know who the company is that will do the work.

Just write to the company that send you the bills. Tell them the wall that the meter is on is being demolished and can they move it to the adjacent wall please. Tell them you would like a new PME terminal fitted as well (this is an Earth terminal, it looks as if you have an old clamp at the moment, PME will be better. I can't see that the earth is connected to your consumer unit at all.

There will almost certainly be a charge for this. Somewhere between £100 and £200 probably. If you want to, you can probably help by taking up the floorboards where the incoming cable comes up.

Have you found an Electrician yet? If you get someone in he could fit you a 100A DP Isolator and new tails ready for the connection. That could be useful when you have the new Consumer Unit fitted.

edited: Too slow :(

thanks very much for the reply.

on the main elec feed is an northern electric sticker! should i get them or try and ring british gas who wont answer my phone calls lol

JohnD said:
... it is not your responsibility to know who the company is that will do the work.

Just write to the company that send you the bills.

well a freind of mine has had his moved ,just like yours in the pics actually ,this was because it was on a wall to be knocked down

they charge 600pounds and took about 10weeks with a number of visits and not turning up when they should and only turning up to connect new supply and no tturning off old etc was a very long winded affair

this was edf

it may well not be the same sort of price for yours but i depends how far you need it moved to and wheather there is enough slack in the cable ,does it need to be rejointed to street again etc .just trying to give you worst case ,they may also not reconnect you until a report or inspection has been carried out to rest of property and any dangerourous faults are repaired

get them in to look
regards

I deal with Suppliers abit, to install various supplies in locations and let me tell you, they are hell to deal with. They are so laid back its unreal.

My advice is to state that the installation is becoming unsafe due to the brickwork and structurally the supply is not sound, you dont think "their" side of the installation conforms to the Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations, (i think someone may need to confirm this), Basically thats the law the suppliers need to abide by.

They will charge you, and it isnt cheap. Whatever you do, dont move or get anyone to move the suppliers side of your installation other than themselves, its just inviting trouble.

And like someone has already suggested, get your fuseboard sorted it looks terrible, probably the age of the installation.

well i got incontact with NEDL £350 to move the meter.

i asked about the pme meter they gona charge me £40 for that and then she said my electrician would have to wire it up and put the wires to my radiators?

why would they put wires to my radiator?

Surely this is a TN-S supply and as such should remain TN-S!

A conversion to PME would make no sense and the earth connection at the supply cable's end looks sound.

She's talking about bonding:

You should have 10mm² earth to gas & water, and 4mm² supplementary bonding in bathroom & 4mm² bonding across boiler pipework.

I was refering to this:
JohnD said:
Tell them you would like a new PME terminal fitted as well (this is an Earth terminal, it looks as if you have an old clamp at the moment, PME will be better.
danielles5982 said:
i asked about the pme meter they gona charge me £40 for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back