My Tits are back!

I have just had aa wee peek in my tit box in the front garden, and there's a bird sitting on chicks which look like they have just hatched. I only had a split second look as I hadn't seen any comings and goings lately and wondered if it had been abandoned.
It's a pity there's not a camera in the box.

Sponsored Links
Well, no tits in my box this year but I do have a Robin that’s made a nest in a little corner of my garden in a box I put up at the back of a garage. I’ve made up a bracket and moved the camera there when she flew off - it only took a couple of minutes - I just hope the camera doesn’t spook her. Video a bit hit 'n' miss probably because of the range but working at the moment.

IMG_4992.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I discovered the nest 9 days ago now. I don’t know how long she had been sitting on the eggs for but they take 13 days to hatch once she starts sitting so could be seeing chicks any day now.

IMG_5029.png

Is it me or does one of those eggs look different in colour and size to the others?

IMG_5030.jpeg

It does seem to be less speckled, brighter and, further to the front making it look bigger.
I hope it's not a cuckoo egg.

Mottie, I take it the camera has its own wifi?
Crystal ball, I'm not really interested in the box, I would like to build that myself, but this one?
Yes, but I think you can connect to the home Wifi for viewing when you are away from the house. I haven’t a scooby how to do that though!

Sponsored Links
Back