Name the thugs

anobium said:
more personal comments
Do you not have any way of debating the merits, or otherwise, of a post without picking at the person behind the words? :rolleyes:

We should be fining, and naming and shaming the parents as well as the kids. and maybe then we will see some improvement in the crime rate.
As this is in line with my previous post, I completely agree with you.

Sponsored Links
Not exactly what I had in mind but mebbe it might work. :eek:

Sponsored Links
I honestly believe that jobs for people do help, having been, certainly not violent which i seriously hate, but skint

I didn't have a job for a few yrs and when i got back into work, my life changed.

High unemployment leads to high crime

High unemployment leads to high crime

This well-known - so why bring in a load of immigrants to take the jobs that the youth of today could train for? Worse still is that we've only seen the tip of the iceberg. The unemployed youth of today will fill the prisons of tomorrow. This problem will compound every year that kids get dumped in favour of immigrants.

My children, and most of my friends children,aren't out of control, because we don't let it happen.

it's down to the parents.
100% agreed, I think the problem is that most parents are working because they cannot not afford today cost of living with no one controlling the children, my wife used to be a child-minder and it's amazing how you can change the children's behaviour when you give them more attention.

There is too much attention paid to why people are violent and break the law. There are still victims at the end of this who dont give a stuff that the bloke who kicked the crap out of them only did it because he never had a job, or his folks ( folk? ) didnt cuddle them enough. Victims still need to see justice - and this do goodery just winds people up more.

Joe90 - My daughter was hoping for a christmas job at a store where her freind works. She didnt get one of the jobs afterall, but no prizes for guessing who did get them.

If you apply for a stray from the RSPCA they will check your background to see if you are a responsible enough to look after a dog.
Some of these parents would fail that test by miles, why therefore do we allow them to have children.
A certain Austrian corporal tried that!....

I am not advocating what you infer, I am just pointing out what in my opinion is the main cause of the current problems, and will continue to be unless we grasp the nettle.

No problem, deduct the fine from the allowances they receive at source.
They always seem to have enough to spend in the bookies or the pub.
Like i said, they'll find the money 'elsewhere'..

Like get a job.
Unemployment is at the lowest level in over 20 years in this country, so why are we spending more and more on be
nefits.

If after say 2 offences, they knew that they would be evicted from their council houses, I think that they would soon get the message and stop looking on it as a badge of honour.
And move them to where?...onto the street?...of course that will stop their criminal ways won't it!... :LOL:

Its happening now in this neck of the woods, drug dealers are being kicked out and kids are being taken into care.

Yes I agree with you that a lot of the measures would be like pi**ing in the wind, but the circle must be broken, and the weakest link in this problem in my opinion is the parents.
So push problem families further down then?..

A fine example that'll set for their kids - and as you say the parents of the future!

It depends on what you mean by problem families.
The genuine cases should be given all the help that the state can afford.
Equally the spongers should be given nothing if they are capable of work but will not

So here's a novel idea..'break the circle' by giving these families a chance.

Make work more worthwhile than benefits, and give true equality in education - because despite all the mantras of successive governments it's still a case of your 'background' (on the whole) dictating whether you 'succeed' or not!

It is easier now than at any other time in this country,s history to obtain extra education if you want it.
Otherwise, as you say..."god help this country"

Only he won't!!

The annoying thing is that we are talking of a tiny percentage of parents who are in this category.
However those on the fringes see them getting away with it and the problem will grow and grow.
If however those on the fringe see the authorities taking action they will be less inclined to go down that path.

Softus wrote
Do you not have any way of debating the merits, or otherwise, of a post without picking at the person behind the words?
People in glass houses Softus.
Its not stopped you from having a go continually at Libby Lou Lou in threads which have nothing to do with road tax.

Softus wrote:
I can't think of a single other country with the same laws, history, cultural diversity, and the same underlying social contract based on regular Christian doctrine. Can you?
No, I can't but I don't think that this completely invalidates my point that much harsher punishments would reduce the incidence of violent crime either ;)

It's my belief, not an assumption, that the significant (i.e. not insignificant) proportion are out of work and are 'criminals of leisure'.
I wouldn't disagree with that either though I think its more endemic than that Softus. IMO the rewards of serious crime are so attractive nowadays and the punishments if caught so ludicrously light that young people are far more easily drawn to serious crime than when I was young ... Selling little bags of white powder is easy and lucritive ... Holding up a bank with a baseball bat takes more thought :LOL:

Another major difference is that young children are being recruited into these crimes and become dependant (physically or financially) which then leads to more violent activities when (or if) they grow up.

It's also my belief that the older and more 'professional' thugs are not a new phenomenon,
Mine also

whereas black children being knifed and white kiddies on bikes being shot are.
I agree but I still think that part of the cure is tougher sentencing.

And I certainly don't agree with Joe-90 that immigration is to blame ... Part of the problem certainly but by no means exclusively.

Joe does seem to bring most topics back to immigration from what I've seen ... Must be a personal crusade :LOL:

MW

But immigration IS to blame. Not for creating the initial problem but of fanning the flames. Society is falling apart.

Sponsored Links
Back