Name the thugs

If you need hard evidence before you will accept anything John your life must be exceptionally challenging ...

Your wife tell's you she loves you? Hmmmmnnnnn :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you need hard evidence before you will accept anything John your life must be exceptionally challenging ...

Your wife tell's you she loves you? Hmmmmnnnnn :LOL:

Ever heard of a 'fake orgasm'?... ;)

No Ellal I haven't, perhaps you could tell us all from experience what one is?

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Granted there may be the exceptions whose parents are relatively rich but the majority come from sink estates and have parents who are poorly educated , don't work and, have no idea and don't care what there kids get up to.
In many cases they are the major reason why the kids go off the rails, indeed in some cases they actively encourage them.
We should be fining, and naming and shaming the parents as well as the kids. and maybe then we will see some improvement in the crime rate.

A slight problem there...how do you expect those parents, who as you say are uneducated and don't care, to react to a fine?...

No problem, deduct the fine from the allowances they receive at source.
They always seem to have enough to spend in the bookies or the pub.

Because you've also said that the majority aren't 'relatively rich'...which means that they'll have to find the money from somewhere (probably more crime), or just ignore the fine in the knowledge that nothing much will happen anyway..
And if you name & shame an 'uneducated' parent, then they'll see it as a 'badge of honour' amongst THEIR mates no less than their kids!!

If after say 2 offences, they knew that they would be evicted from their council houses, I think that they would soon get the message and stop looking on it as a badge of honour.
Who knows they might even start telling their kids to behave

But apart from that - if the majority of 'offenders' come from 'sink estates' as you say, then unless you do something about that then any other measure is just 'p*ssing in the wind'!!

If you apply for a stray from the RSPCA they will check your background to see if you are a responsible enough to look after a dog.
Some of these parents would fail that test by miles, why therefore do we allow them to have children.

Yes I agree with you that a lot of the measures would be like pi**ing in the wind, but the circle must be broken, and the weakest link in this problem in my opinion is the parents.

For the record I was brought up on a council estate and lived there until I got married
I was no angel but I had parents who taught me that there was a line you did not cross.
I suppose nowadays they would be classed as very poorly educated but compared to some of the parents nowadays they were academics.
Todays brats are tomorrows parents, god help this country if nothing is done about it.

force their eyelids open with mechanical restraints, make them watch film after film of nasty goings on whilst playing Beethoven's 9th in the background.

Works a treat!

Tim West wrote

In that case humiliate them by making them look uncool to their peers parade them around in front of their mates in bright pink nappies with bibs and baby hats and comforters superglued to their lips
set up a pillory in a public place lock em in and have the local tramps pee on them film it for the internet, leave them a few days to revel in the smell then release them without clothes to find their way back home through the laughing crowds
Don't think the army want them actually
not even for practice?
you'll have the RSPCA onto yah
Would that be Mr Personality John Major who said it whilst having a mouthful of Currie?
Better get in touch with trading standards!
force their eyelids open with mechanical restraints, make them watch film after film of nasty goings on whilst playing Beethoven's 9th in the background.

Works a treat

I take it then, that you either don't have an opinion on this topic or else your just afraid to show which side of the fence you are on. :evil: :evil:

If you apply for a stray from the RSPCA they will check your background to see if you are a responsible enough to look after a dog.
Some of these parents would fail that test by miles, why therefore do we allow them to have children.
A certain Austrian corporal tried that!....

No problem, deduct the fine from the allowances they receive at source.
They always seem to have enough to spend in the bookies or the pub.
Like i said, they'll find the money 'elsewhere'..

If after say 2 offences, they knew that they would be evicted from their council houses, I think that they would soon get the message and stop looking on it as a badge of honour.
And move them to where?...onto the street?...of course that will stop their criminal ways won't it!... :LOL:

Yes I agree with you that a lot of the measures would be like pi**ing in the wind, but the circle must be broken, and the weakest link in this problem in my opinion is the parents.
So push problem families further down then?..

A fine example that'll set for their kids - and as you say the parents of the future!

So here's a novel idea..'break the circle' by giving these families a chance.

Make work more worthwhile than benefits, and give true equality in education - because despite all the mantras of succesive governments it's still a case of your 'background' (on the whole) dictating whether you 'succeed' or not!

Otherwise, as you say..."god help this country"

Only he won't!!

ellal said:
Make work more worthwhile than benefits, and give true equality in education - because despite all the mantras of succesive governments it's still a case of your 'background' (on the whole) dictating whether you 'succeed' or not!

Otherwise, as you say..."god help this country"

Only he won't!!

The Government are forcing wages down by bringing in immigrants from lowly paid countries that think our minimum wage is 'getting rich'.

Therefore work will never be an option for people with kids as they earn more by not working.

What this means in the big picture is that the government is forcing down wages which means that huge numbers of kids grow up in poverty.
That is where the problem lies. Employ our own for a wage they can live on rather than bring in Billy the Pole.

Tim West wrote

Works a treat

I take it then, that you either don't have an opinion on this topic or else your just afraid to show which side of the fence you are on. :evil: :evil:
Well the last option worked for Malcolm McDowell, he stopped making those nasty violent films and ended up in Fantasy Island!

he made all those "Planet of the Apes" movies ;)

megawatt said:
The measures being discussed are all irrelevant
Hardly Softus, societies with harsher punishment regimes have lower incidences of crimes related to those regimes so there is a direct correlation between crime and punishment.
I don't think it's as simple or direct as you make out. There are very few societies sufficiently in common with the UKs to draw conclusions as easily as that. I can't think of a single other country with the same laws, history, cultural diversity, and the same underlying social contract based on regular Christian doctrine. Can you?

If they had a job and paid their own way then the problem would go away.
This assumes that everyone who carries out mindless acts of violence or other criminal activities either hasn't got a good well paid job or wants one. This clearly isn't the case as some thugs come from good backgrounds with well paid jobs.
It's my belief, not an assumption, that the significant (i.e. not insignificant) proportion are out of work and are 'criminals of leisure'. It's also my belief that the older and more 'professional' thugs are not a new phenomenon, whereas black children being knifed and white kiddies on bikes being shot are.

Sponsored Links
Back