Name the thugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Article in todays Daily Mail

Meet Mr Stanley' - what teenage thugs allegedly told father before stabbing him to death
A young father was knifed to death by teenage thugs who invited him to 'meet Mr Stanley', a court heard yesterday...

The cowardly thugs who are in court cannot be named because they are 16 and 17.
Yes I know they are innocent until found guilty, but even then they will not be named.
Why , what is wrong with this country when the scum bags who seem to be on the increase have nothing to fear from the law.
Surely the time has come when society should start to put some fear into them.
That is the only thing they understand.

Sponsored Links
I have no sympathy for violent criminals, but what would be gained by publishing their names?

edit: too slow

Sponsored Links
What benefit is gained by not naming these thugs?

I have no sympathy for violent criminals, but what would be gained by publishing their names?
Their antics scar them for life due to recognition by anyone who they tell their name. Deterrent to others who then know this happens.

Am i the only one who feels these thugs need to be humiliated into rehabilitation. Most of these gangs are about image. Asbos, criminal records weapons even prison is seen as 'cool'.

I also have no empathy with these low-lives but publishing their identities just encourages reprisals.

Also, our justice system being what it is, once they have served their sentence they are free to live a normal life.

Far better to make the punishments more of a deterrent than they currently are IMO.

They would think twice about carrying out such an act if the punishments were in line with those (for example) in Saudi Arabia.

The criminal justice punishment tariff in this country is a complete joke and serves as no deterrent whatsoever.

MW

Certainty of arrest, and certainty of punishment, are more effective than increased severity.

I heard some Chief Constable on the radio today complaining that a lot of people carrying knives get cautioned not prosecuted.

Am i the only one who feels these thugs need to be humiliated into rehabilitation. Most of these gangs are about image. Asbos, criminal records weapons even prison is seen as 'cool'.
In that case humiliate them by making them look uncool to their peers parade them around in front of their mates in bright pink nappies with bibs and baby hats and comforters superglued to their lips.

Certainty of arrest, and certainty of punishment, are more effective than increased severity.

I heard some Chief Constable on the radio today complaining that a lot of people carrying knives get cautioned not prosecuted.

there isnt the room to put every person who carries a knife in prison.

I'm not sure I agree John criminals nowadays probably see prison as ...

1. An occupational hazard.
2. An opportunity to catch up with old mates.
3. A place where they can develop new criminal contacts and learn a new set of skills.

;)

Sponsored Links
Back