Napit

Not with me.

Maybe something you're familiar with in your life though?

This topic is basically about what a poor job the main registration bodies are doing to ensure that they only register truly competent people, and properly carry out ongoing checks of competence etc.

You joined in the criticism, and said that you were an advocate of a independent properly administered, licensing system for electricians.

Now - maybe I was incorrect to infer from that that you thought it would stop don't-give-a-s*** electricians from not-giving-a-s***, but incorrect is not the same as unreasonable, so would you please provide a rational and logical explanation of why you criticised my question as being a knee-jerk reaction and out of context?

And if you cannot do that would you please explain why you decided that a criticism for which you are unable to provide a justification that makes sense even to you was what this thread needed?

Sponsored Links
Not with me.
And if you cannot do that would you please explain why you decided that a criticism for which you are unable to provide a justification that makes sense even to you was what this thread needed?

Who made you Pope? You need to get out more! :LOL:

Salve :)

Nobody made me Pope.

Stop trying to wriggle out of it by doing things like this.

You criticised something I wrote. Did you have a reason which made sense to you?

thevenin Joined: 11 Jul 2010

CanoeBoy Joined: 21 Jul 2010

fredrinator Joined: 21 Jul 2010

shazam Joined: 21 Jul 2010

Rutts Joined: 22 Jul 2010

How come we've suddenly got all these new members joining just to argue with each other about this topic?

I dont seem to remember an argument with any of the 3 members above

Perhaps you should get some glasses :eek:

And what if there are new members here ? Your point is ?

Sponsored Links
OK - to argue with a lot of people then.
Some of you lot here really shouldnt reply if you have not got a clue

Regards

Dave

Bring in the money and stuff the safety :eek:

Jaymack, when I said you know nothing, I wasn't referring to your credentials as an electrician, so we'll get that cleared up right now.
What I was referring to is that you appear to know nothing of what REALLY goes on at Napit and I've seen you argue this before. Getting back to what you said about no difference between domestic and industrial, well in my opinion that's a daft statement to make and I can retort with a number and a word. 3 PHASE! Please don't cheapen our trade anymore than it already is. If someone is to hold full scope, then they should be competent to work in any arena. You are basically defending the many incompetent full scope Napit members that have no business working in domestic let alone commercial and industrial environments.

It is possible for someone with zero qualifications and zero experience to register with Napit. Once they have done this, they can go to Nottingham and sit a 7 day course. This course is made up of C&G 2382 and NA 2391 (Napits own version of C&G 2391). After passing the exams at the end of these 7 days they have a site assessment of ONE job and it can be their own house. If successful with the site visit, then they become FULL SCOPE. Now Jaymack, are you really going to tell me that's okay! Please stop trying to defend Napit and make out they're the best. They ain't. They're are just as bad and as tainted as the rest.

OK - to argue with a lot of people then.
Some of you lot here really shouldnt reply if you have not got a clue

Regards

Dave

Bring in the money and stuff the safety :eek:

So you have changed your tune and admit your original post at me was wrong, thanks for the apology

And i stand by what I said "SOME of you"

And i was stating a fact, so therefore its not an argument

:D :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back