Napit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi'
I,m new here,but just wondered why Napit brag about not charging me any extra for doing industrial electrics when any competent person is allowed to do the work & also,as far as I know they don,t inspect such work?
Regards,T

Sponsored Links
Try to concentrate your business on Industrial and Commercial work, and foget the domestic house-bashing. That way, you can wave goodbye to such blood-sucking leeches as NAPIT.

Lucia.

Of the three competent persons schemes, NAPIT have significantly greater entry requirements. Presumably therefore they attempt to justify this by implying you are getting something extra, even though you are not.

Of the three competent persons schemes, NAPIT have significantly greater entry requirements. Presumably therefore they attempt to justify this by implying you are getting something extra, even though you are not.

They won't lower their standards to gain numbers, they don't have a Domestic Installer category; and the elusive 2391 (to many :) ), is required for membership.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Of the three competent persons schemes ?
NICEIC
ELECSA
NAPIT
Any more?

ECA & BSI spring to mind just in the full scope schemes (Yes I know ECA owns Elecsa but they are seperate)

Of the three competent persons schemes, NAPIT have significantly greater entry requirements.

...which they will waive at the drop of a hat to get you to join.

You can actually join NAPIT with NO formal qualifications! :eek:

Funny you should mention that, my local inspector is very much in the ball IMO and he has told me of seeing a contractor with NAPIT on his van after he failed to pass the initial assesment of the NICEIC.

Of the three competent persons schemes, NAPIT have significantly greater entry requirements.
Funny you should mention that, my local inspector is very much in the ball IMO and he has told me of seeing a contractor with NAPIT on his van after he failed to pass the initial assesment of the NICEIC.
I see a lot of stickers on vans - "No tools kept in this vehicle overnight".............doesn't mean they aren't! :LOL:

Regards

ECA & BSI spring to mind just in the full scope schemes (Yes I know ECA owns Elecsa but they are seperate)
The other ECA scheme (website was http://www.partp.co.uk/) merged with ELECSA some time ago.

As for BSI - their website which is now at http://www1.kitemark.com/cms/ declares that the scheme has just 152 members in the entire UK. This makes it a colossal failure and it presumably loses vast amounts of money every year.

A search on their website for electrical installers within 40 miles of postcode BH1 has only 6 results, 3 of which are actually outside of the BH area.
A search on www.competentperson.co.uk for anyone in the BH postcode are has 484 results. Even including all of the 6, that gives them less than 1% of the market.

Pray tell which category this applies to!

You can join NAPIT with NO formal qualifications, category irrelevant. Ask them.

This is the electrical requirements relevant to the post, what category is being referred to by yourself? How does this compare with the NICEIC? Is it just easier to join the NICEIC?

http://www.napit.org.uk/downloads/CP_Electrical_Scheme.pdf

Regards

when the gas changed to GSR we applied to Napit for Comp persons scheme they signed us up with very few questions, just had to send in the certs we have.
payed the fee and been with them since.

the only electrical certification i have is Part P!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back