Neighbour complains that they can overlook;

Sponsored Links
I doubt it's down to intention. I could walk to the shops naked and say it wasn't my intention to offend.

There was a naked rambler once who walked around the country. Think he got done for something in the end.

I wouldn't want to expose myself to the neighbours anyway, and my other half would be upset if I did as I would if she did. But perhaps we're old-fashioned and some people don't care.

I doubt it's down to intention. I could walk to the shops naked and say it wasn't my intention to offend.
You could be right, I'm no lawyer, also once your'e aware the neighbour doesn't like it then at that point if you continue, are you then intending to be seen?

Sponsored Links
Think your going to have to approach the neighbour and ask exactly what the issue is, if it's they can see you changing then fair enough maybe you could invest in some shutters or screen you can close whilst changing and then reopen to enjoy your window.

If it's simply they don't like being able to see in your house tell them to do one as it's their issue and their more than capable of looking elsewhere.

Bay tree good idea, evergreen, once established it grows quick and thick, and you can prune the hell out if it.

Blup

This sounds like a storm in a tea cup.

Just think of all the tightly packed rabbit hutches being built now with tiny gardens really close together

Got a sycamore already, and no compaints in summer when it's in leaf... The eucalyptus I put there isn't growing as fast as I'd like, but I could try a bay..
The eucalyptus will take a couple of years to get established but if the soil and position are right it can be an absolute beast. You'll have to make sure you prune it every March to keep the crown at the correct height to screen the view otherwise you'll have a 60ft monster before you know it.
Beyond that I'd tell the neighbour to foxtrot oscar, they cannot force you to install a blind.
As for people suggesting it is illegal to be naked in your own home with the curtains open! Jeez, you people are squares. It is not illegal unless as Freddy suggested you do it with the intent to cause offence. I'd like to see the neighbour try to report it to the police, I think they would be more likely to be on the receiving end of a charge for voyeurism.

Silly tree ideas aside surely you just slap a bit of film on the window and everyone's happy eg https://www.hydrotintswindowfilms.com/category/all-products Window film has come along way in the last decade or so.
if thats the same stuff i fitted to my bedroom window 40 years ago it works with the light direction only reflecting when darker behind and i only knew this when i popped out to put the bins out and saw the misses topless before going to bed

When I come home from work and go into my bedroom to get changed I know the house over the road's bedroom window can see straight into mine so I simply do not turn the light on and keep my back to the window while getting changed.
If they ever said anything I would tell them that now they know that they can see into our bedroom, they should stop doing it.
Any more acts of Voyeurism from them and I will have to report them to the police.
:) :)

Turn the tables and make them stop, you should be able to enjoy your house and your window how you want to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back