Neighbour complains that they can overlook;

55m is a long way. Unless you’re doing something untoward right next to the window for a significant amount of time , it would be impossible to see any details from that distance. Without binoculars, anyway.

Sponsored Links
I reckon a lot of people who've never had an eye test just don't appreciate how bad their eyesight is and/or how much better everyone else can see.

55m is well within the distance at which todger-waggling would be obvious. I can see individual bricks on the house that's 100m from here.

Perhaps these neighbours have got a bit obsessed about it, but they probably have a point. Some give and take is needed here. Some sort of blind should be fitted.

55m is well within the distance at which todger-waggling would be obvious.

That I will agree with, but partially because the brain can make up for what the eye doesn't have the resolution to actually see in detail.

I can see individual bricks on the house that's 100m from here.

I live on a slight bend, and can see a T junction at exactly 100 yards to my left, another bend at exactly 100 yards to my right. Nowt much wrong with my eyesight, but I would judge 30 yards, is the limit, for seeing individual house bricks, in a wall, without visual aids.

At 100 yards, all I am seeing is a wall.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm going to go against the tide here and say I do understand their point of view. 55m isn't a huge distance, they have a right to not having boobs and todger waved around in front of them.

Perhaps find a way of behaving respectably?
Perhaps tell them that if they continue to peer into your bedroom, you will report them as peeping Toms.

I would get blinds made that say "F Off" on them when closed! Lol
Thought about getting ones that had massive cartoon eyes at the end of binoculars..

1701796539845.png

..but I do also have to live next door to them (and as noted we get on well otherwise) so keen to avoid antagonising or even making their problem ours, even if I did find the way they expressed their point of view to be somewhat patronising :)

Last edited:
That would indeed be highly confusing for them..

-

I wonder if one can get done for indecent exposure using fake genitalia? I recall it's possible to wind up shot dead by waving imitation firearms around at the wrong time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back