New Olympics Logo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The new London 2012 logo has been unveiled

2007-06-04T153749Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKTP-UK-BRITAIN-OLYMPICS.jpg

Lisa Simpson has really let her self go ;)

Sponsored Links
BOB D.O.L.E said:
YAWN........
yeah, bob, this isn't like your posts, this one has some purpose to it. Something to discuss. Given this is general DISCUSSION, not general DRIVEL.

Sponsored Links
A fragmented mess......

Does the logo sum up the organising committee and its policy and plans ?

The Daily Tongs pointed out it was supposed to read 2 0 1 2...

When static on a billboard, it says nothing, but when dynamic on a screen it causes attacks in people with epilepsy. They're off to an awful start with this one. In true Olympic fashion, I reckon the designer should be drug tested. I see it being withdrawn within the next 2 months.

OK, £400,000 is not a lot in the big scheme of things, Olympic, but I would have offered a suitable prize (involvement in the opening ceremony of the games, perhaps?) to any Londoner who came up with the best logo. Cost to do that? almost nothing. Result? a lot of excellent submissions leading to a quality logo.

I designed a logo once, wish I'd got £400,000 for it, I think this one is nasty, it would be interesting to see the one's that they rejected in favour of it.

£400, 000?

This will be the amount on offer for the lottery jackpot after the incompetent organisers have used all the money to fund the olympic circus!!

Richardp said:
I designed a logo once, wish I'd got £400,000 for it, I think this one is nasty, it would be interesting to see the one's that they rejected in favour of it.

I have it on good authority that this was in second place.

2007-06-04T153749Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP.jpg

:eek:

Why the hell do they need a logo and why the **** is it costing £400,000? Olympics is a huge waste of money. And why London? Isn't it already bloated and "wealthy" enough?

Bring the olympics to Sheffield. Plenty of hotels, motorway links to ports and airports (doncaster), train stations, "real" wealth (people actually able to buy a house)

I think that logo is shrike aswell, how on earth can you justify such money on such garbage when a few people have come up wih better stuff for free. Gravy train [or underground] just starting.

Sponsored Links
Back