New ring circuit from socket

Sponsored Links
The only drawing I could see was riveralt's, nothing from the OP.
No not my drawing BAS - After the OP offered a diagram he uploaded it but seemed not sure how to complete that task - so I turned the upside down picture the right way up and posted it for him.

I was going by this:

Can I put 1 of the live wires out the socket into a junction box follow it around and go back into the same socket ?
Not sure how that statement corresponds to your drawing.

Sponsored Links
You mean that, for some reason, you were unable to see this (the OP's picture, rotated by riveralt), which is apparently what the OP's installation now looks like:

?? ... are you happy with that arrangement?:)

Kind Regards, John

You mean that, for some reason, you were unable to see this (the OP's picture, rotated by riveralt), which is apparently what the OP's installation now looks like:

?? ... are you happy with that arrangement?:)

Kind Regards, John

This is what he done it like

I drawled that wrong lol.

Forget that red bit.

brick-wall.jpg

where is the 'lectricity coming from? This is just one big loop with branches off for the lights

and good god man, learn to use the quote button

where is the 'lectricity coming from? This is just one big loop with branches off for the lights
I can but 'assume' (always dangerous, exceptionally so in this thread!) that the two 'dead end' wires heading off to the left of the diagram (one at top, t'other at bottom) go to the rest of the ring.

Kind Regards, John

and good god man, learn to use the quote button

I will learn how to use a computer 1 day.

Maybe I will put some Christmas lights on the branches.

I messed up with my picture but you can see that it is right now so let's put this one to bed .

It's been fun but I must learn that I can not draw pictures and post them wrong because everyone will go nuts.

LOL.

How is it wrong when it works fine
From what I understand amidst all the confusion, I don't actually doubt that 'it works' - but that doesn't mean that it is conventional, sensible or even necessarily even safe. It could well 'work', even if there were exposed live bare conductors all over the place - but that would not be 'recommended'!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back