New spur socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope sketch is clear.

I’d like to spur from an existing socket to a new one in another room.

‘Easiest’ route is through wall behind existing socket into another room, chase wall round internal corner, along wall running perpendicular to it and drill through to new socket position.

Is this within safe zone regs?

Attachments

• 24A39473-73CA-42C6-B537-6D92D3E5E20A.jpeg
    24A39473-73CA-42C6-B537-6D92D3E5E20A.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 307
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, but one of the sockets is on the other side of the wall.

You would need to chase the wall on the existing socket side until you get to the corner in the new socket room.

Think the other way round.
Run cable horizontal from existing socket to wall corner. That is in zone.
Drill through corner into room two. Run cable horizontal from corner to new socket. That's in zones too.

You would need to chase the wall on the existing socket side until you get to the corner in the new socket room.
And as I said safe zones don’t go round corners.
Yes they do when you have fittings on both walls and they are in line.
Think the other way round.
Run cable horizontal from existing socket to wall corner. That is in zone.
Drill through corner into room two. Run cable horizontal from corner to new socket. That's in zones too.
Yes they do when you have fittings on both walls and they are in line.

Which is not the case here.

For once in your life WINSTON will you read what's being suggested?
and stop makeing a fool of yourself

STOP BEING SO RUDE. Safe zones don’t go round corners (FACT) which what the OP wanted to do. What was later suggested may be OK but is not what was originally suggested.

To the MOD's: Please feel free to delete this post and equally feel free to reprimand SUNRAY if this post is out of order.

Dear WINSTON1

STOP BEING SO RUDE. Safe zones don’t go round corners (FACT) which what the OP wanted to do. What was later suggested may be OK but is not what was originally suggested.

It's not me making incorrect posts.

OP has come here looking for advice on the way to do the job properly and safely, which is what this forum is all about. Having useful suggestions and correct information contradicted is very counter productive. Especially as you have not offered any advice or a solution to the question.

My post was aimed at your incorrect response in the order you made it, just read the whole thread, in order, and then tell us you have not made the mistake I have highlighted.

As I see it, at least 4 others are in agreement with me and as far as I can see, no one has agreed with you.

5 to 1 seems to be a pretty high majority.

Last edited:
No one is in disagreement with the later suggestion, but the original one is wrong. Simples.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back