New System Saga Continues-Gardtec Advice

monitoring is a bit expensive

if you want it to phone friends/nighbours then try to do the same for them

If you get false alarms you will soon find they are ignored or they refuse to do it for you any more.

Sponsored Links
Whats wrong with gardtec then? I have used gardtec and galaxy panels (as a customer not installer!) and i have to say the remote fobs with gardtec are very convenient, and gardtecs make nicer, more tuneful sounds! :LOL:

There is nothing wrong with Gardtec gear IMO. The 500 and 800 series are excellent panels and are far easier for the customer to use. They are just as well built as the Galaxy. The LCD keypads are much less "commercial" than the Galaxy as well. Gardtec would not be my choice for anything other than a domestic/small commercial system, but only because the Galaxy is a more flexible panel engineering-wise. At the end of the day, the end user (yourself!) just wants a reliable, easy to use system that looks nice and does its job. Both systems offer all of these qualities. You should choose your installer based on your perception of them as a company (ie polite, professional, informative). Leave them to worry about the equipment. It is after all in their interest to fit quality equipment (I am assuming that you have picked approved companies on that last point)

Scott (experienced Galaxy and Gardtec installer)

Sponsored Links
Scott the reason I don't like Gardtec is not really form an end users point of view but from an installation/service point of view. Harden Long asked for a comparison between ther two and that is what we supplied it's a catch 22 as most engineers will favour a particular system. The fobs on the gardtec are also in my experience extremely temperamental with the galaxy a lot more robust. Agree about the perceptions of the installer but then how many times have you seen a flash salesman turn up talk the talk and then on day of install fella turns up struggling to know which end of the terminal goes in the panel and which end he holds A D T anyone ?

i was being serious

2 virtual pints for any one who gets it right (no cheating)

oh and i have also seen an ADT sighn that says something like

ADT alarm
with ARMED responce

it came from SA

So was I :LOL:

No I can't remember without cheating :oops:

Enlighten me

Thinki it may be American something something

I don't see why the OP is making such a fuss. I've installed hundreds and hundreds of systems in the past 20 years - and had just two break- ins by crack heads who didn't know what planet they were on.

He isn't going to get burgled so what's his problem?

He isn't going to get burgled so what's his problem?

Hi Joe-I'm not too sure I understand your logic?

Alarms surely are another form of insurance-sure, you hope you may never have to call on it, but it is worth at least having a bit of peace of mind that you have at least some form of deterrent?

And your point joe 90 is what ? On that logic shall we not install a fire alarm cos it's highly unlikely my business will burn/ be burnt to the ground ?

Harden Long came here to an advice forum for advice and that is what we are providing.

Maybe he won't be burgled but most people are looking for piece of mind. It's a sad fact but in a row of identical houses the one with the flashing bell box is far less likely to be targeted than the one with nothing.

Harden Long came here to an advice forum for advice and that is what we are providing

....and excellent advice it is too

The interesting thing for me has been the polarity of views surrounding gardtec -breezers and LV s strong dislike for them is evident, yet 2 of my quotes say they are excellent systems for my needs !!

lvsystems said:
And your point joe 90 is what ?

That no matter whether he has monitoring or not or this panel or that panel - he isn't likely to get broken into. So it doesn't really matter.

Gedditt yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back