news papers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what news paper do you read?

and why?

personally I rarely get the oportunity, but yesterday i made some me time and went and bought my favourite, the daily telegraph.

last seen in november while i was in hospital.

personally I find it a very well focused and unbiased reporting medium.

years ago i bought it every day and did the crossword every day 15min was my record.

yesterday I managed about five clues :oops:

Sponsored Links
Peek for free

Note ...
Local Newspapers (Links): North of England
Local Newspapers (Links): South of England

-p-

I get the star every day.

I get 30 mins for dinner, and can read it cover to cover in this time, and it only costs 20p too :LOL:

I read "the Age" on twitter, its much more interesting to read the news from a different country about your own.

Sponsored Links
I only read the local paper, the Press and Journal. Used to read one of the heavies on a Sunday but it took up too much of my time so I stopped. Never missed it and now Sunday is an absolute joy - you should try it>

You learn all about Lucy P's chest, and which celebs are boffing one another etc.

What more do you need? :LOL:

I get the star every day.

I get 30 mins for dinner, and can read it cover to cover in this time, and it only costs 20p too :LOL:

I choose my paper for the same reason as Rob, but I buy the Mirror.

At the weekend, I get the Mirror delivered, but also read bits of The Grauniad & The Observer if I get the chance. I say bits, I never get the opportunity to spend ages on a weekend paper!

Like WDIK I used to get (subscribe) the telegraph, but never had time to read it, and became increasingly frustrated by the crossword, which got harder due to lack of practice. For some reason, found myself getting into strange routine of turning straight to obituaries, then letter, then a couple of articles, then crossword.

Have given it up - read my "regular" columnists online for free, and listen to radio 4 on way to work. Keeps me abreast of what I need to know.

I read the local weekly paper, it has a free car and property guide, always useful for someone in our house.

I would never ever buy the express. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

l read the mjrror lf l can flnd lt free, wlLL not spend money on gosslp,mum reads the sun, spend an hour on, what l beLleve ls gov/offlclal, lm fumlng by the tlme l leave.

we don't need thls. hlgh blood pressure :rolleyes:

Times or Independent, occasionally Guardian.

Saddle Sniffers Weekly. (with thanks to dick puller for lending me his copy).

Sponsored Links
Back