No work like it used to be.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do have an issue with the supermarkets.

1 They have taken all the small shops that i used to work for doing Plumbing. My mates, decoraters, electricians, gas engineers, roofers all lost out in our town because of this bully boy supermarket muscling in. Stuff you locals, we investors are taking over now...shift-it...go work for a factory or something, or join the dole.

2 The supermarkets like T are swamping every area of the country with stores that are taking on the tradesmen now:doing double glazing, solar pv, new boilers, tyres,roofing they have even bought out blue circle cement. It seems that even Sains has there british g colors in the car parking bays at stores now just to trigger customer that reminder to link with the blue gas vans. Why support S if they put money into British G. Your just feeding them the monopoly and the local gas engineers are made unemployed by all these big companies. It's a supermarket com & monopoly for the london banker investors, living off the poor like a paracite living off of you, are you supporting there wealthy lifestyles while the rest of us are struggling to pay the bills.I support the farmers and small shops and they in return support me. There is money out there that's why they are here on your door step, literally.

Every trade is loosing business to the supermarkets. They have taken over everything and all people do is watch the adverts then all there money goes back to he supermarkets instead of being recirculated back into the locals pockets. Money erosion develops and also mass unemployment. The councils don't seem to bothered, perhapes they don't want to loose there share price when they first invested in the supermarket racket.

Good luck finding consistent work out there because you wont. What's going to happen for your children when they grow up, work for T or S. Supermarkets from the states all money from asda goes back to states under licencing agreement. No local money recirculating for you equals joining the dole ques.

Thing is I'm qualified and can't get work in because all these big parasite companies are taking my customers money away from me and my family.

Copy & paste to educate people.

Sponsored Links
Do have an issue with the supermarkets.

1 They have taken all the small shops that i used to work for doing Plumbing. My mates, decoraters, electricians, gas engineers, roofers all lost out in our town because of this bully boy supermarket muscling in. Stuff you locals, we investors are taking over now...shift-it...go work for a factory or something, or join the dole.

2 The supermarkets like T are swamping every area of the country with stores that are taking on the tradesmen now:doing double glazing, solar pv, new boilers, tyres,roofing they have even bought out blue circle cement. It seems that even Sains has there british g colors in the car parking bays at stores now just to trigger customer that reminder to link with the blue gas vans. Why support S if they put money into British G. Your just feeding them the monopoly and the local gas engineers are made unemployed by all these big companies. It's a supermarket com & monopoly for the london banker investors, living off the poor like a paracite living off of you, are you supporting there wealthy lifestyles while the rest of us are struggling to pay the bills.I support the farmers and small shops and they in return support me. There is money out there that's why they are here on your door step, literally.

Every trade is loosing business to the supermarkets. They have taken over everything and all people do is watch the adverts then all there money goes back to he supermarkets instead of being recirculated back into the locals pockets. Money erosion develops and also mass unemployment. The councils don't seem to bothered, perhapes they don't want to loose there share price when they first invested in the supermarket racket.

Good luck finding consistent work out there because you wont. What's going to happen for your children when they grow up, work for T or S. Supermarkets from the states all money from asda goes back to states under licencing agreement. No local money recirculating for you equals joining the dole ques.

Thing is I'm qualified and can't get work in because all these big parasite companies are taking my customers money away from me and my family.

Copy & paste to educate people.

Totally agree with you ...a small village near me have existed fine until one of the big supermarkets( every little helps) opened up about 1 mile away about 4 years ago and the small independant shops have either gone bust or struggling but what I have noticed is that the local council charge motorists to park a near these shope and HAVE just increased the fees while the supermarket has free parking...so not only are the big boys killing these small shops but so is the local council. I do visit the small butchers/greengrocers ect ect but the decline is getting worse

It's the other way round, it's the customers putting people out of work not the companies.

Yes it's all from the advertisers viewpoint.

Put yourselves in there shoes, whats happened from what i can make of things is the Supermarkets get there ads out so as to condition people so much that everyone thinks this is the norm thing to go and do..go to the supermarket and spend, yes we can offer insurance, pet insurance, boiler cover,virtually everything.

This country is following the states and thats why we have all there crap over here. That's why this countrys in such a mess.

Spend your money for the wall st & city investors, keep um all finacially enriched with anything they desir, not like the ret of us struggling to servive. Everyones life is being controlled, and your futures arnt your own, business are exploiting people so much through the media. Spot the person not carrying the T OR S bags...brainwashed clones.

The supermarket towns are on there way with everyone's help, little do they know that there shooting themselves in the foot financially and mentally. No work for the school leavers or no small business enterprise will exist for kids wanting to set up shop, because the supermarket old boys have us all in a fishing net.

I've cancelled the tv and the kids would've just automatically shut the volume down and walk out the room when the conditioning ads come on. All the big companies look like there all wrapped carefully within each others investment, then the investment isn't put out to the average person as it's contained within the company...often saying that we did't do to well so we need to re-invest.

Why should we take a hit in dropping our prices just to compete with other likeminded trades. Whats happening is that all the moneys being soaked out of all areas that really need it.

Expand MASONA. Your welcome to join the debate!

Sponsored Links
Counter argument is, we do very well out of the supermarkets.
The accountant was most pleased with the figures this morning.

Usually money stays in the area and is generally used 3-4 times before its taken out the area. Using the big stores...it goes straight out the area. Early day for you is it..nothing to do at time of your posting?

Usually money stays in the area and is generally used 3-4 times before its taken out the area. Using the big stores...it goes straight out the area. Early day for you is it..nothing to do at time of your posting?

A strange response that.

I'll try again shall I?

Financially we do very well out of the supermarkets. I was at the accountants this morning, financial year end and he was happy with the figures.

Or, are we to turn the work away and join you?

All i'm trying to do is explain whats going on where i live, 13 stores over saturated and no need for it. No i'm not asking that you join me as i wouldn't want that.

It's a rant..[/i][/code]

It's not the case everywhere you go.

About 18 years ago the Lancashire town of Bury saw the writing on the wall and invested heavily, roofing over and cleaning up the hideous concrete 60s shopping streets to turn the whole town centre into a mall. Thanks to the investment Bury has fought back against the out of town stores and remains a thriving and busy town centre with another recent massive investment in stores, cinema and bowling, restaurants etc. bringing in footfall to the benefit of the market and small independent shops.

Stop by next time you're passing, it's really not a bad place. You can take the ankle biters for a ride on the East Lancashire Railway up to Rawtenstall and enjoy a pint of sarsaparilla at the last temperance bar in Britain. Good curries in Rawty as well.

The big supermarkets are also into tactical buying of land.

Tesco in particular have bought lots of pockets of land in SK postcode areas, not to build anything, but just to stop anybody else building anything there.

It's not just the tradesmen...Walmart/Tesco and the like are responsible for white goods in particular being excessively cheap...they are battling each other in constant price wars.This has led to them spending Billions in China and the Far East to source the cheapest supplies.

Fine for the public who of course take advantage of cheaper prices...they'd be mad not to....but this has resulted in the loss of thousands of jobs in our manufacturing industries,and those that maintained their services.

It's not just the small shopkeeper and tradesman suffering...it's everybody in the Western countries where they have a firm grip.

Great for India and China but not for employment at home.

It's not the case everywhere you go.

About 18 years ago the Lancashire town of Bury saw the writing on the wall and invested heavily, roofing over and cleaning up the hideous concrete 60s shopping streets to turn the whole town centre into a mall. Thanks to the investment Bury has fought back against the out of town stores and remains a thriving and busy town centre with another recent massive investment in stores, cinema and bowling, restaurants etc. bringing in footfall to the benefit of the market and small independent shops.

Stop by next time you're passing, it's really not a bad place. You can take the ankle biters for a ride on the East Lancashire Railway up to Rawtenstall and enjoy a pint of sarsaparilla at the last temperance bar in Britain. Good curries in Rawty as well.

Good caravan site at Burrs Park too

Sponsored Links
Back