Not as described

Sponsored Links
Freddie, you got me down to a T matey, but I've already got one! ;)

Harry, thank you.

My PP balance is zero and the email from eBay says the money will be paid back to the original payment method. While I did use PP, my balance was zero so the amount was taken direct from my account.

My PP balance is zero and the email from eBay says the money will be paid back to the original payment method. While I did use PP, my balance was zero so the amount was taken direct from my account.

If you paid by PayPal with a zero balance, it still goes through PayPal (seamlessly), and will be refunded to your PayPal account.

Sponsored Links

Having a zero balance makes no difference - no doubt you had a bank account tied to Paypal, so the route the money took was - bank >Paypal >Ebay. Route of refund will be Ebay > Paypal - then you have to transfer it back into your bank.

It can take up to 30 days to appear in the bank account

Once Ebay has received tracking to confirm it has been returned, it is near instantly refunded - or at least that has been my experience. Paypal to bank can take a little longer, maybe a few days - it is actually instant, but the bank likes to sit on your money and earn a bit of interest at your expense.

Thanks guys.

I shall keep an eye on both bank and PP accounts and see what happens.

The last refund I had from PayPal went straight to the card PayPal took he funds from in the first place.

Yeah, that's what they said would happen.

Had a long convo with my bank yesterday where they kept trying to blame eBay or PayPal for holding up the refund. I kept telling her that eBay had sent the money to PayPal who had acknowledged receipt and then confirmed they had refunded the money to my bank.

I will just wait until I see the money in the bank, then I will ask PayPal to confirm when they refunded to the bank. :sneaky:

I am sure Harry is right that the banks slow down the reappearance of dosh so as to make a bit more.

Sooner you escalate it though ebay/ PayPal the better imho.

Maybe give him one chance to refund 25% of cost if that's acceptable to you.

I've only had to raise a dispute once for item not as described (through PayPal iirc) and it was dealt with fairly and I got a full refund.

Best thing to do but one problem. If you escalate via ebay and then escalate via paypal ebay may drop out of it and do nothing.

Just start a return via ebay for not as described and take some photo's. I think you will find they will start a case immediately when you do that.

Who's to say it's not paypal slowing it down?
In my experience banks usually show the money paid in within 24 hours.
The bank says they still can't see any sign of the refund in their system.

Just spoken to PP and they have confirmed they have refunded back to my debit card which is what I used to buy the item on eBay.

PP said there could be several days delay due to banking "processes"....

Meanwhile my bank says if I don't see the money today, they will investigate.

I am very interested to know where the delay in refunding the money is.

Fair's fair, when I paid for the item, the money left the account immediately, but card refunds never seem to be as quick.

I think I will wait for the money to come through then ask the bank to tell me when they received the money. PP said the refund was done on 14th.

How much are we talking about?
I returned an item on Thursday, refunded today, Monday and shows in Pay Pal as being refunded to my card, not showing in bank records yet.

Sponsored Links
Back