Not invoiced for work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my BTLs had a blocked external drain a few weeks back. A local company came out and assessed what needed done. I agreed to the advised course of action. Work completed that day, think it took them ~1 hour. After a few days I hadn't received an invoice. I phoned the company and the guy essentially said along the lines of 'yeah my wife deals with that side of things, I'm sure she'll get round to it this week.' That was towards the end of April, however I've heard nothing since, no invoice received. They have my phone number and email address.

Legally in this sort of situation, am I obliged to contact them again to say 'no invoice received' or is the onus on them to chase it up? If I'm being honest, although it's not a large sum of money, it's not resting easy with me not paying and I'll likely contact them. However it's as if they've simply forgotten to invoice me.

Sponsored Links
Never bothered a landlord I used to work for in fact he quite welcomed the idea.

One of my BTLs had a blocked external drain a few weeks back. A local company came out and assessed what needed done. I agreed to the advised course of action. Work completed that day, think it took them ~1 hour. After a few days I hadn't received an invoice. I phoned the company and the guy essentially said along the lines of 'yeah my wife deals with that side of things, I'm sure she'll get round to it this week.' That was towards the end of April, however I've heard nothing since, no invoice received. They have my phone number and email address.

Legally in this sort of situation, am I obliged to contact them again to say 'no invoice received' or is the onus on them to chase it up? If I'm being honest, although it's not a large sum of money, it's not resting easy with me not paying and I'll likely contact them. However it's as if they've simply forgotten to invoice me.
I work on both sides of BTL and he’s probably just forgotten. Ethically you’d feel better if you sent a text perhaps asking to pay.

At least you’ve tried and karma is a b1tch.

Sponsored Links
Customer I worked for had uPVC windows and doors fitted. Never got billed so decided to drive to the company office, but it was closed up. They folded up. Never did get the bill.
I'd only chase up once myself, then forget about it.

Customer I worked for had uPVC windows and doors fitted. Never got billed so decided to drive to the company office, but it was closed up. They folded up. Never did get the bill.
I'd only chase up once myself, then forget about it.
We had a bit of luck similar to that when we moved house in 1990. The estate agent that sold our house folded about three weeks before the move so we didn’t have to pay anything.

really really pleased to see all answers are try to pay as default as it shows honesty and fairness rather than "rip you off if i can " as i have no scruples :(

really really pleased to see all answers are try to pay as default as it shows honesty and fairness rather than "rip you off if i can " as i have no scruples :(
It's only an hour's money - and you might need them again! He has 6 years iirc to invoice you, so no rush.

On a side note the majority of blocked drains are now covered as part of your water bill

On a side note the majority of blocked drains are now covered as part of your water bill
I'm in Scotland so we don't have a water bill as such, water costs are covered as part of our council tax and tbh I don't know if that means we can contact the council to have blockages investigated and fixed.

Sponsored Links
Back