switched sockets: 66p

1G1W - 19p
Switched spur + Neon 1.52
pendant 6" 69p
45A pullcord 2.89

WOW!!

Sponsored Links
You usually get what you pay for.
How much will it cost you to return to the customer and replace a failed accessory?

Used a certain make on e arewire and have so far had to replace 2 light switches and a cooker CU.

Sponsored Links
These are ex vat and bulk (10+) prices.

Don't know what brand they are, but have used other budget brands before - only ever had to replace 2 accessories (different brands). Not bad going.

so why won't you tell us who this very cheap supplier is?

I would hardly call 10 bulk for things like switches and sockets. I'd imagine people often use more than that on a single job.

Must give myself a reminder. . .

"If I ever call in an electrician to do some work I must specify MK appliances"

;)

Please tell who is this BL@@DY company!!!

I need to build a test board for 2382 next month and I don't have any money :cry:

Don't need expensive parts. Need a cheap split CU too. What price will this imaginary company charge me :D

Just got a certain company's catalogue.

Their trade range prices are nuts:

switched sockets: 66p

1G1W - 19p
Switched spur + Neon 1.52
pendant 6" 69p
45A pullcord 2.89

WOW!!

Guys!! It was posted back in 2005!!!

The company was QVS, selling a "trade" range, which they don't seem to have in their latest paper catalogue.

The cheapest prices I can find now (again 10+) are:

Double SS - 95p

1G1W - 31p

S Spur (no neon) 1.99

Pendant 79p

45A p/c - 5.50

From ABM in London. Independent dealer. However, if you can genuinely show him you can get lower prices (no mickey taking) he will try & match the price.

QVS do a cheap split board (if you're just doing a Test Board it'll be OK)

10 way split with 10x mcb's of your choice for 39.99.

Alert Electrical are doing GET doubles for 99p

Nice one mate!!

I was budgeting about £120 for parts from my local wholesaler + £35 for resistors (to represent voltage drop) from RS components to replicate my house on a sheet of MDF. This should be a lot cheaper now.

I will give them a look today.

Thanks!

Maplin is good place for cheaper resistors etc. Branches in lots of towns so you can cut out RS P&P cost.

The board is my Christmas project whilst work closes down for a fortnight.

I couldn't find what I wanted when I went online at Maplin. Perhaps I was being thick.

I need:

11 x 0.1 ohm RS 159-253
8 x 0.15 ohm RS 159-269
15 x 0.22 ohm RS 159-275
7 x 0.33 ohm RS 159-281

These are around 59p-69p each at RS. I happen to have a pick up centre about 2 miles from my work. All I need to do is prove I am a company!

Does Maplin do something like these do you know cheaper?

PS i know this doesn't add up to £35, but I've been told to get loads of spares as they do blow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back