Notification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

How long does it take for the paperwork to come through from Elecsa?

Our electrician did some work for us at the beginning of Feb and we still have not had the papers from the provider.

What happens if a spark is late in notifying their provider of a rewire?
I read somewhere about a two or three week deadline.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm in Elecsa - any jobs i submit get processed every tuesday by Elecsa who then send out the building control certificate which the client should receive within a few days.
I can check online the status of the certificate i.e. submitted, certificate sent to client.
The sparky who did your work has 28 days to submit his work to Elecsa, so he's probably busy and hasnt got around to it yet :rolleyes:

Yep, my pile is nearly up to the limit I allow - two weeks worth, and they're almost all CU changes. Bah.

I'm in Elecsa - any jobs i submit get processed every tuesday by Elecsa who then send out the building control certificate which the client should receive within a few days.
I can check online the status of the certificate i.e. submitted, certificate sent to client.
The sparky who did your work has 28 days to submit his work to Elecsa, so he's probably busy and hasnt got around to it yet :rolleyes:

what happens ife goes beyond the 28 day limit?

does it invalidate our installation?

Then legally he can't notify it, in reality what needs to happen is for you to prompt him, and him to notify it with a later completion date...

Then legally he can't notify it, in reality what needs to happen is for you to prompt him, and him to notify it with a later completion date...

ok but won't the date listed on the eic give the game away?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back