Number plates

• Thread starter herebriefly
  • Start date
Followed JK (not rowling!) once. His plate on his Ferrari Enzo is, wait for it.....

ENZ0

Also saw a Ferarri with the plate BEG 41T (Beg for it)

Not for me all the personalised plate mararky, don't think it warrants descending into personal insults though.

Sponsored Links
Followed JK (not rowling!) once. His plate on his Ferrari Enzo is, wait for it.....

ENZ0

Also saw a Ferarri with the plate BEG 41T (Beg for it)

Not for me all the personalised plate mararky, don't think it warrants descending into personal insults though.

I wouldnt worry. Ive just come to accept John & Joe's idiotic replies.

David.

I bought L66 BMW in 1994 for £3700.

Sold it (in 2007) for £25600 - to a chinese guy in London. :D

But hey, Im a just a thick bloke who likes number plates. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Wrong plate. Still have the L33 one.

David.

Never heard so much carp in my life.........L66 BMW true value is about £750-£800 at a push.....and before you question my knowledge I have been in the game for over 20years .When you bought it for £3700 that must of included the car and you sold it for £25600 to a chinese guy,give me his number as I have quite a few carp plates simliar to that to sell and if he would give me 1k for them I will be delighted

Must admit 25k for L66BMW is a tad far fetched :eek:

[quote="herebriefly";p="1608001"I wouldnt worry. Ive just come to accept John & Joe's idiotic replies.

David.[/quote]

Well Joe doesn't actually own a car so just ignore his comments.

Sponsored Links
I have

MY 51X BM

MY SIK BM
or
MY SIX BM

for my 6 series convertible, it's not a private plate btw, but look's the business

I've never really quite understood why someone would want to have their number plate try to look like the make and model of their car. To me, it looks like it's a reminder as to what car they drive :)

Also, and I don't have much to base this on, but are cars with personalised number plates vandalised more than cars with standard plates? Seeing as there is a lot of derision towards owners with personalised plates, I wonder if they're more of a target

Personally, I'm not a fan of personalised plates; I don't need to make my mark in the world by having a number plate that is my own, the DVLA have done that for me. Saying that, to call someone a ****** for owning a personalised plate is a bit strong.

I would not have a personalised reg and think they are a total waste of money but if there are suckers out there why not sell them it....typical personal reg person near where I am are the type who drive top of the range 4 wheel drive range rovers bmw x5, ect,ect which are built for driving on rouge terrian and mudfields................jeez these are only dropping the kids off at school then shopping. :eek: :eek:

nothing to do with number plates, but what is the problem with people buying big flash cars, so what it is a 4 wheel drive and they feel nice and safe taking their kids to school, why shouldn't they spend their dosh on a £100k car, my son bought a 59 DB9 for about £82k when i said why did you buy that he said cause i can afford it and i wanted one, cant fault his logic

There is only one type of person lower than someone who spends money on a personalised number plate.

That is those low life cretins with signs in the back window stating,

"Children on board"
"Little angel on board"
"Mums/dads taxi" Etc,etc...
FFS, how pathetic can you get? :rolleyes:

Why do you say that.
Personalised plates can be an investment & could return more than a bank account.
You also cant lose it, although I beleive that it can be taken back.
The goverment are happy to sell them, so they see it as a revenue stream.

Some people buy red top news papers.
Some people smoke.

Do what you like with your money, if you can afford personalised plates good for you.

I would not have a personalised reg and think they are a total waste of money but if there are suckers out there why not sell them it....typical personal reg person near where I am are the type who drive top of the range 4 wheel drive range rovers bmw x5, ect,ect which are built for driving on rouge terrian and mudfields................jeez these are only dropping the kids off at school then shopping. :eek: :eek:

nothing to do with number plates, but what is the problem with people buying big flash cars, so what it is a 4 wheel drive and they feel nice and safe taking their kids to school, why shouldn't they spend their dosh on a £100k car, my son bought a 59 DB9 for about £82k when i said why did you buy that he said cause i can afford it and i wanted one, cant fault his logic

A lot of must be jealousy on here. I remember when I posted a pic of my Range Rover and said having nice cars was a hobby of mine (also own a Gallardo). My God the hatred was terrible, lol :eek:

A lot of must be jealousy on here. I remember when I posted a pic of my Range Rover and said having nice cars was a hobby of mine (also own a Gallardo). My God the hatred was terrible, lol :eek:

or different prioritys in life!!!

With all respect to those who dont like personalised plates and posted rationally I thank you all. I get the impression that if you dare show wealth on here your slated for it by idiots who are jealous.

If you a have a disposable income and wish to spend it then its your business IMHO.

David.

depends on what they are, some I like, some I dont.

wish Id kept the plate on my first motor, could have flogged it to a plumber...

H20 AAT

Seen about 10 years ago near to Newport Pagnell works

AM V8 (on a new model, can't remember which. factory owned plate, i think)

A local has the plate 500TY, with some nearly- same other plates

With all respect to those who dont like personalised plates and posted rationally I thank you all. I get the impression that if you dare show wealth on here your slated for it by idiots who are jealous.

If you a have a disposable income and wish to spend it then its your business IMHO.

David.

Who owns your house, mate?

So anyway... what i want to know is, how, legally do you get away with misplaced screws (easy tiger, i mean the ones fixing the number plate on), and number plates in different fonts?
Nor me and pass the MOT?

Sponsored Links
Back