On a motorbike could you legally have the numberplate like this:

GG6
6ROM

If the digits were all the correct size, normally it would read

GG66
ROM

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I don't think so. The current style is two letters, two numbers, space, then three letters. The 66 is the age identifier, so I wouldn't think you can split it up. Or those first 4 digits for that matter.
The space between the age identifier and the random letters must be 30mm, so it can't be next to your R. Vertical space between the age identifier and the random numbers (I assume this is a typo on the dvla website and should read random letters) must be 30mm.
Link...
https://assets.publishing.service.g...stration-numbers-and_number-plates-inf104.pdf

Thanks for the links.

I can’t see it says you can’t split the date identifier, but anyway, I might give the idea a miss.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the links.

I can’t see it says you can’t split the date identifier, but anyway, I might give the idea a miss.

characters must be 79mm tall
• characters (except the number 1 or letter I) must be
50mm wide
• the character stroke (the thickness of the black print)
must be 14mm
• the space between characters must be 11mm
the space between the age identifier and the random
letters must be 33mm

• the margins at the top, bottom and side of the plate
must be 11mm
• vertical space between the age identifier and the
random letters must be 19mm.

From the current MOT inspection manual.

2BDED98C-62C7-4E1D-AE07-6A863FFB0B95.jpeg

I still do them with full throttle :LOL::LOL:

I’m 40 on Monday so was thinking of asking for lessons or a direct access course as a present.

Last edited:
Plenty of ways to reduce the exposure..
Direct Access training is pretty good, when I was teaching advanced, those who'd done DAS where normally half way there. It was the "experienced" riders who often didn't get it.

Avoid going to biker meets, hacking about on a Sunday afternoon after a full pub lunch or commuting in a busy city.
never overtake or filter past any side road, avoid filtering traffic once its going over 20mph, look out for morons pulling out at petrol stations, line yourself up properly at junctions to lessen the turn.

But the biggest tip - is never to let drivers annoy you. It always ends in tears.

Commuted in London for Nearly 40 years , still in one piece , always drive like your invisible, you might as well be with the muppets on the road.

Sponsored Links
Back