Oil boiler in utility room 'a bit smelly'

Sponsored Links
Cheers boffin,

I will get that done and the braided hoses replaced once I pick a pair up.

My house is Mouse free so the risk of an impromptu barbecue is fairly slim.

Steven

Removing the hydraulic jack might cause P O C to be blown back into the room after the burner stops firing. (Depends on flue config)
Some boilers had a post purge fitted to prevent this.

Jack seals are available 3007132 about a quid each. 5 mins to fit.

Last edited:
The little door is designed to close off the air intake to stop convection through the boiler after the burner stops firing. It was reported that it could increase efficiency by up to 5%.
I usually remove it rather than replace it if leaking. Riello actually supply a grub screw to plug the feed from the pump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. While you do not all (exactly) agree you have given me all the help I could hope for.
I'll post back once I have everything sorted. I had intended to do the baffle door seal this eve but beer and takeaway are first on the list.

Many thanks

Same here burner man I've used solder but I'll look into the grub screw.
Why not carry a seal or a new 3006911 ??
It amazes me that people uneccessarily replace hoses and nozzles annually yet have a problem changing a seal..
Would you modify a gas burner because you deemed part of it " a waste of time "??

Carry a massive stock of spares including seals I must have 6 piston seals,but I always advise removal of cylinder as it's a oil leak risk.If you look in my van you would find a stock of spares including 3of each riello pumps,different danfoss pumps,control boxes,and other spares too many to list.but I hate those riello cylinders.Bob.

It's no more of a leak risk than the pump shafts seal . I've never had a jack leak that did not start as a smell.
Still no justification for removing it because you don't like them.
I hate greenstar heatslave snorkels but I don't remove them!!

I just went to replace the rope seal on the baffle door of my firebird popular 82 and it appears that there isn't any place for it... the whole of the inside is of the baffle door is filled with a vermiculite insulation that appears to also be the seal...

Am I being thick (again) ? Or is it
possible that this is how it is supposed to be?

I have put it back without taking a picture but have found a picture of what it looks like and will post that in a minute.

IMG_4333.JPG
IMG_6690.PNG
IMG_6690.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_6691.JPG
    IMG_6691.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 74
It appears that the board squashes onto the protruding edges of the baffle chamber and forms a seal... But I don't know.

Steven

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back