Oil Boiler Stat Thermostat / overheat source replacement advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

Following some ongoing problems my Boiler Thermostat has completely stopped working rendering my heating non existent! The overheat reset button is now not working at all.
I also believe that the actual thermostat function has stopped working properly - for some time have been having problems with kettling/boiling from return pipe in F&E tank. And even when stat turned right down heating was very hot.

I need a replacement but cannot seem to track down correct part - all the ones that seem to look correct to me are listed as ‘cylinder thermostats’ example below

https://www.screwfix.com/p/strom-ss...MI8_bh6vXv5gIVCLrtCh1sswjXEAQYASABEgKpSvD_BwE

The boiler is (ancient) Trianco-Stewart TSO B)23/29

The existing thermostat is satchwell sunvic TKD 263/3

If anyone can help with directing me to correct part would really help.
Since both the boiler and stat are so old I cannot seem to find any info/specs online.

Otherwise I could turn off electricity to boiler and remove the stat to take to a local heating/plumbing store.
695DA3CD-F56A-4CAD-9AF5-74F40BCCD00A.jpeg
2AB18DD8-1001-48C5-8370-8CBF2914FC05.jpeg
0884C14C-CF58-4C37-BE52-C72FDCD80967.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Good evening,

The last photo posted looks like a cylinder thermostat to me, and set at 80 degrees will be hot. Also if overheat won’t reset, nothing I doubt will work.

Thanks. Will buy the one that I think looks similar and go from there. Actually it’s not set on 80 that knob has actually fallen off ages ago and been adjusting from inside. Just put the cover on to show how it looked. Normally set around 60 odd I think.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Your last picture shows a TKD3501. If no longer available, there are IMIT thermostats used on Warmflow boilers, or there is a dual stat marked as Firebird. You need a dedicated boiler spares stockist. Try www.abgo.co.uk or www.hwos.co.uk .

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back