"on benefits and proud"

Sponsored Links
Sums up everything that is wrong with this country.

Having pride in being a sponger tells you this country is fooked.

the title is misleading
yes some are happy on benefits
it should really be "we are proud people but unfortunately we are on benefits"
but that doesn't make good telly :D ;)

These dossers may be proud to be on benefits but cannot see beyond the end of their noses.

When the rich become fed up with subsidising the poor and take their money abroad, what will they do then?

I do not disagree with the welfare state. I believe it is a good thing, but only for those who are genuinely in need and have tried all they can to support themselves.

Benefits cheats and those who just can't be bothered to get out of bed in the morning are the ones spoiling things for the majority.

Sponsored Links

These dossers may be proud to be on benefits but cannot see beyond the end of their noses.

When the rich become fed up with subsidising the poor and take their money abroad, what will they do then?

I do not disagree with the welfare state. I believe it is a good thing, but only for those who are genuinely in need and have tried all they can to support themselves.

Benefits cheats and those who just can't be bothered to get out of bed in the morning are the ones spoiling things for the majority.

we need to remember the vast majority off "benefits" goes to pensioners and hard working people
somewhere around 7% goes on unemployed people
most off who would prefer to work rather than be in abject poverty

remember a single person older than 21 gets around £72 a week [housing and council tax to one side as what they get is what they have to pay or less] to pay all the bills feed and clothe them selves this includes paying around £5 towards the council tax and possibly the bedroom tax and a contribution towards there housing costs
most are in abject poverty :oops:

Even any of the previous Government can't be bothered to anything about it, I blamed the government not the benefits cheats

Big-all, There is no such thing as a "bedroom tax". This was coined by the left wing chattering class. Housing benefit is paid for the number of bedrooms needed, not for unnecessary rooms.

we need to remember the vast majority off "benefits" goes to pensioners and hard working people
somewhere around 7% goes on unemployed people
most off who would prefer to work rather than be in abject poverty

Yes I know it's a minority who do it, but they still need to be discouraged. Add to the money they rip off from the honest people of this country, there is also the cost of the investigators and enforcers, which must amount to an appreciable sum.

Harder punishments are necessary.

Big-all, There is no such thing as a "bedroom tax". This was coined by the left wing chattering class. Housing benefit is paid for the number of bedrooms needed, not for unnecessary rooms.

Depends what the council call unnecessary rooms. I know one woman who left her partner. He got custody of the kids and she has them over to her place for 3 nights per week (Friday to Sunday) She lives in a two bedroomed house and the council deem the second bedroom unnecessary, when it clearly is necessary(at least for 3 nights) Her ex partner lives in a three bedroomed house and doesn't get charged for 2 spare rooms, which are not needed for 3 nights of the week. The system is fooked.

my bet is
it will go into history as "the bedroom tax"
rather than the less fetching "bedroom under occupancy supplement" :LOL:

masona said:
Even any of the previous Government can't be bothered to anything about it, I blamed the government not the benefits cheats

Well some of it is definitely the government's fault. There's a major flaw lurking in our benefits system that was alluded to in that program but not fully explained: If you 'do the right thing' and find some paid work, you can easily lose more in benefits than you're earning. :eek: :eek: :eek: This in turn might mean that you can't afford to take any of the low-paid jobs that are, more often than not, the only ones on offer.

So who's to blame for this crazy situation? Answer: the government! They should hang their heads in shame - but they won't. :( :( :(

Fat slobs.
11 children by 3 different men and not one of them to be seen.

£60k a year handed out to one woman and not a penny of it earned.
Says it all.

Fat slobs.
11 children by 3 different men and not one of them to be seen.

£60k a year handed out to one woman and not a penny of it earned.
Says it all.

To many it's a career choice. Easy money. :rolleyes:

masona said:

Well some of it is definitely the government's fault. There's a major flaw lurking in our benefits system that was alluded to in that program but not fully explained: If you 'do the right thing' and find some paid work, you can easily lose more in benefits than you're earning. :eek: :eek: :eek: This in turn might mean that you can't afford to take any of the low-paid jobs that are, more often than not, the only ones on offer.

So who's to blame for this crazy situation? Answer: the government! They should hang their heads in shame - but they won't. :( :( :(

the bedroom tax will actually cost more than it saves in the long run if you include the bureaucracy the related ill health and social health cost
we need to remember the vast majority that are effected by the bedroom tax are hard working people
its just populist sound bites that are popular they also cause infighting detracting from the government inability to control big business the banking and other wealthy tories indeed the ones pulling the strings

all this happening whilst they punish hard working people

yep we are all in it together--------

----not

There are poor scum milking the system and rich scum doing the same; or worse.

I'm not sure which one p1sses me off more. It's like Sophies Choice which one to let go of.

Can I say both please...? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back