On Panorama last night.....

Here, here Julie :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I wonder how many posters on here have been guilty of going to the pharmacy, handing over a prescription and expecting it ready within 30 seconds - not realising that there may be seven other prescriptions in front....

I used to love the ones who'd come in just as we were getting back from lunch, throw their script on the desk and huff nad puff whilst we were getting it ready - the usual script goes something like "How flaming long does it take to do it? it's only some pills for goodness sakes".

I got fed up of it one day and said to this guy "If it's only a couple of packs of pills then come on in and take your pick, after all, it could be any packet of pills couldn't it? Doesn't matter if we gave you the wrong ones it could kill you!" He never complained again, funnily enough :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
I'd love to be paid £2500 per week to ogle female furry bits

But Joe, if you did that for a living, what would you do for fun?

JulieL/B said:
joe-90 said:
I'd love to be paid £2500 per week to ogle female furry bits

joe

Errr if you really think medicine is all about female furry bits - you are showing a gross lack of understanding for what is involved within the remit of medicine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:..............but then you would you're not medically trained.

I think you'll find that women go to the docs for 'female' complaints more than for any other. Why don't you ask one? And why do female patients now need a 'chaperone'?

joe

Well, Joe, in the last 3 surgeries I have been a patient at, us women don't automatically get a chaperone. The option is there if you want it and also for blokes if they are seeing a female GP.

I think you will find that most Gynaecologists are male and being a woman and having seen quite a few over the years myself I know that the option of a chaperone is always there but tbh, most women never bother to ask for one - I think it's certain religions that have to have a chaperone present.

At the end of the day, most docs are professional enough not to abuse their positions and anyway, doctors see hundreds of nude body parts and I'm pretty sure they don't look at us women in a sexual way - bodies are just a machine!!!!

Sponsored Links
pickles said:
Gp's in the uk are paid somewhere between £100,000 £120,000 per year.
Where did you get these figures from?

Was that for a basic 9-5 week?

or was it for 9-6 + 3 nights on call midweek + the odd 12 hour shift at the weekend?

If it was the latter, I'd say worth every penny.

Homer

joe-90 said:
I think you'll find that women go to the docs for 'female' complaints more than for any other. Why don't you ask one? And why do female patients now need a 'chaperone'?

joe

Of course there are good and bad people in all of the professions - not right of course........but thats life I'm afraid!
Female patients of male Dr have always been offered a chaperone - many female patients have declined this in the past - but now they have no choice.

Looking at the bigger picture here (first hand information from me - not internet tosh btw) Female nurses are not provided with a chaperone when they examine male patients neither are female doctors - and many have been physically and sometimes sexually assaulted - however, this is very much underreported by staff as nothing ever gets done about it (whistleblowing restrictions). I'm afraid that more and more patients appear to get away with unacceptable behaviours such as abusing hospital/community staff - which is getting worse with the increase in hospital attendances for alcohol and drug related problems
A colleague of mine was knifed in a clinic in London a few years - the hospital did nothing about it, didn't provide her with any support (eventually she left) and the man who attacked her subsequently went on to murder a health care worker.

I would also like to add - having worked with many medical practitioner in my time (some c***p and some fantastic) There is a general assumption made by many women that they will be better cared for and be more understood if they see a female Dr - this is absolute rubbish - If I had to choose (in view of my experience) I would probably opt to see a bloke

homertimpson said:
pickles said:
Gp's in the uk are paid somewhere between £100,000 £120,000 per year.
Where did you get these figures from?

Was that for a basic 9-5 week?

or was it for 9-6 + 3 nights on call midweek + the odd 12 hour shift at the weekend?

If it was the latter, I'd say worth every penny.

Homer

I don't know what hours the average GP works, but they acknowledge themselves that they are not overworked, in fact there was an article in the guardian sometime in the last 6 months in which a GP was interviewed and said he was now happy with his pay and work life balance. The figures I think were in that article, but it does depend on practice size, it's more in the bigger practices

Unfortunately they are not worth every penny, we do not get the quality of health care in this country that is available in other parts of the world. The NHS is staffed by people who are very dedicated to their work but there aren't enough of them and they are working in a system that is designed to ration access and limit costs and delivers a lower standard of care than it should

There's a few people in this forum who have medical training although no doctors ( they're on the golf course) I would be interested to hear their views

Brightness said:
Well, Joe, in the last 3 surgeries I have been a patient at, us women don't automatically get a chaperone. The option is there if you want it and also for blokes if they are seeing a female GP.

I think you will find that most Gynaecologists are male and being a woman and having seen quite a few over the years myself I know that the option of a chaperone is always there but tbh, most women never bother to ask for one - I think it's certain religions that have to have a chaperone present.

At the end of the day, most docs are professional enough not to abuse their positions and anyway, doctors see hundreds of nude body parts and I'm pretty sure they don't look at us women in a sexual way - bodies are just a machine!!!!

Are you saying that they are all impotent? If a GP can get an erection with his frumpy wife year in yeat out are you saying a drop-dead-gorgeous 20 something doesn't float his boat?

It matters not what a guy does for a living, he is a bloke and has a blokes genetics. Look around your workmates and think that any one of them could have been a GP.

General practice attracts paedos and perverts like bees to a honey pot.

Next time you let a bloke GP fiddle with your furry bits - he'll be giving you a score out of ten - they all do it - it's one of the perks of the job.

joe

joe-90 said:

joe

Joe, is this just a wild opinion thrown out in the heat of the moment or have you got any evidence

joe-90 said:
Brightness said:
You mean after the five years they spend at Uni? I should think so too!!!!
The NHS only starts to pay Junior Dr's after they have graduated from Uni. I really don't know of anyone who would be willing to work for five years for free do you? That is the five years after graduating from Uni of course - they still have their student loans to pay back, same as everyone else!

Joe90, would you be prepared to give up about 10 years of your life for very little remiss & a heck of a lot of hard work to become a GP?

paid £2500 per week to ogle female furry bits - show me a bloke that wouldn't.

- they can't be trusted with women.

joe
That`ll be a Gynaecologist then :LOL: Or were you thinking of hirsute females due to thyroid problems :?: ;)

pickles said:
joe-90 said:

joe

Joe, is this just a wild opinion thrown out in the heat of the moment or have you got any evidence

Do a google.

Take a look through this: http://www.survivorsswindon.com/ore.htm

There are no truck drivers or plumbers - yet 3 GPs and about the same number of teachers.

Bees to a honey pot.

joe

joe-90 said:
Next time you let a bloke GP fiddle with your furry bits - he'll be giving you a score out of ten - they all do it - it's one of the perks of the job.

joe

Yet again Joe you are making generalised assumptions and sweeping statements - you're spending too much time on the internet........we've been here before :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You appear to be a tad obsessed with women having their genitals examined.

Whats the real issue here? Maybe you had a bad experience whilst having your furry bits examined?

Your statements appear to say more about you I'm afraid..........:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what peeves me off about GP's is the fact that they only work mon to fri.

Anything else is emergency only!!!!!!!!!

well sorry... but that doesnt apply to fire brigade nor ambulance nor police.

It stinks... doctors should be 7 days a week and 24 hours.

Joe you started off on male docs being attracted to women patients and then sidestepped into them being attracted to children. Do you think that when a schoolboy is about 14-15 he thinks "Hmm, I'm sexually attracted to women/children....I know, I'll go to university for five years and be a doctor!"

I would like to make a frank admission here, when I was that age I was attracted to women and I once dressed as a mad surgeon at a fancy-dress ball so perhaps you are right after all. :D

The thing that really made me think that you might not quite know what you are talking about was when you said "And why do female patients now need a 'chaperone'?". I know that when my wife goes to the docs she is asked whether she is ok with a male doctor, end of story. So a chaperone is not needed after all, although I think that maybe you should be chaperoned to protect the public :D

Sponsored Links
Back