On "swearing" and the automatic filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has changed BAS, it has always been the case that formations of characters that imply a swear word will be removed, especially when the implied word is at the more extreme end of the spectrum.

Sponsored Links
How on earth can "c**t" imply a swear word?

Your own moderators have made it absolutely clear that it does not and cannot possibly, so why was my post removed?

maybe like the rest of the forum, they are sick of hearing you carrying on like a spoilt child child in a sweet shop who didn't get his own way.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to acheive with this campain?

Perhaps swearing should be allowed and every other post could contian the c word. I'm sure that will make for a really attractive forum and encourage new members to sign up.

I see some of the more senior members are unhappy with your behaviour, as am I. I enjoy Reading these forums and don't often post but I'm so fed up with this paticular subject, I was left with no other option.

If you wish to be on a vulgar forum that swears where anything goes that is your choice, but its not for me.

I like this site and respect its rules and I have been modded occasionally. Such is life.

:D

Sponsored Links
How on earth can "c**t" imply a swear word?

Are you actually being serious?

I suggest you take a deep breath, a step back, and then get back to your usual high quality of posting on this forum.
At the moment, this is all coming across as a bit embarrassing.

maybe like the rest of the forum, they are sick of hearing you carrying on like a spoilt child child in a sweet shop who didn't get his own way.
If the moderators would have the common decency to answer a simple and civil question then there'd be no need for me to keep on asking it.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to acheive with this campain?
What campaign?

Perhaps swearing should be allowed and every other post could contian the c word. I'm sure that will make for a really attractive forum and encourage new members to sign up.
I'm not suggesting for one minute that swearing should be allowed, and "c**t" is not a swear word - the moderators have made it quite clear that once a string contains asterisks it cannot possibly put anyone in mind of any other word.

In which case I'd like to know why my post was removed.

I see some of the more senior members are unhappy with your behaviour, as am I.
My behaviour has been forced on all of us by the way that the moderators have behaved.

I enjoy Reading these forums and don't often post but I'm so fed up with this paticular subject, I was left with no other option.
Then please ask the moderators to answer my question and provide a logical and consistent explanation of their behaviour and views.

If you wish to be on a vulgar forum that swears where anything goes that is your choice, but its not for me.
Can you find the word "c**t" in a dictionary, with a definition which shows it to be vulgar?

Are you actually being serious?
I am being very serious in my intent.

In another topic, now much hacked about and locked by the mods, I, and others, dared to suggest that changing the word "bullshit" to "bulls**t" was wrong. It's hardly an obscenity, and changing it is really treating us like children.

I argued that it was utterly pointless anyway - I maintained that nobody would look at the string "bulls**t" and not actually read it as "bullshit", but the moderators were adamant that it made sense and was a necessary thing to do.

So based on their apparently unshakeable conviction that "s**t" would not put anybody in mind of any other word I wrote "You're a c**t".

And that post was promptly removed.

So I would like to know why - I would like an explanation which is logical, and consistent with their previously stated position.

I suggest you take a deep breath, a step back, and then get back to your usual high quality of posting on this forum.
And I suggest the moderators take a step back and simply answer a civil and perfectly reasonable question and explain where the logic and consistency is in their position and why their behaviour is justified.

At the moment, this is all coming across as a bit embarrassing.
It's not my intention to embarrass any moderators but if they do find it embarrassing to be asked to behave in a logical and consistent way then maybe they should have taken more care in the first place.

If your going to call the moderator a "clot" then there is no need to disguise it, it's not that bad a word :D

He still doesn't get it!

Move on, you're wrong, it's getting tedious, nobody cares.

stars within a word within a thread are universally recognized as an inappropriate word has been altered/censored to remove the offensive content
now this is the recognized procedure throughout the net

so by this recognized procedure stars make the word unsuitable and only a swear word would normally appear in that format so by connection 99.999.999% of people take it to be the rather frowned upon word thats been altered

now as far as i can see it doesn't help the smooth running of the forum or contribute in a helpful and meaningful manner so the mods are entitled to terminate any thread under those guises

now i wish you luck with your personal crusade but fear you are alienating a lot off people in the prosess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back