One way mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me where to get a one way mirror sometimes called a two way mirror. You know the thingy I`m after = mirror on one side and see thru glass on the other.

Thanks

moved as posted in electrics UK ?

Sponsored Links
not sure where you get them but bear in mind that for those things to work properlly you really need a light level difference.

e.g. you need to light the public area very brightly and the hidden area far less so.

most glass firms will do that no probs ,but get it measured right,

measure twice on the surruond
for a cut once .. lol

Sponsored Links
He's got the mother in law over for a few weeks and he cant trust the old c## :D

We've got one of these mirrors........no smart comments please! ;) :rolleyes:

We have a TV in a cupboard behind the mirror.

When the TV is on we can watch it throught the mirror.......when it's switched off you can't see that the TV is there.

I once saw this at a very expensive fitted bedroom furniture place (in Trafford Park in Manchester).....and thought it looked quirky - but when they told me the price I nearly fainted! :eek:

When we moved into our present house and had some fitted bedroom furniture installed I asked the firm whether they could get one of these mirrors (with the TV behind) the company said they could put the mirror in........but they had to order the mirror from another firm but it was still loads cheaper than the one we had originally seen.

I must say the cupboard behind the mirror has now become a junk store - I can't remember the last time we watched the TV through the mirror......what a waste of money eh! :rolleyes:

Also, a couple of 'swingers clubs' where I drop off condoms have these mirrors so people can observe/watch the 'activity' without being seen! :eek: :oops: :LOL:

JulieL said:
We've got one of these mirrors........no smart comments please! ;) :rolleyes:

Also, a couple of 'swingers clubs' where I drop off condoms have these mirrors so people can observe/watch the 'activity' without being seen! :eek: :oops: :LOL:

Yeah right Julie what ever you say!!!! ;) ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :eek: :eek:

I heard of a millionaire who had one fitted to the loo door along with sound so he could see/hear what folk were doing when he went to the loo.
He had some blokes in to do some work and they removed the door and fitted it back wrong way round.
Next time he used the loo everybody at the gathering could watch him LOL

I know of a local company that made 'shutters' for cricketfields, to put on the 'pavilion': the players would see shutters, the visitors in the pavilion could see the game.
Maybe a suggestion? Doesn't look so intrusive as mirrors.

Hiya Julie l/Burchill ;)

does that mirror not get a reflection on the front of the glass due to the tv light ???...

If not I think thats a very clever Idea for a recessed tv/Dvd unit in a bedroom

Moz said:
Hiya Julie l/Burchill ;)

does that mirror not get a reflection on the front of the glass due to the tv light ???...

If not I think thats a very clever Idea for a recessed tv/Dvd unit in a bedroom

Hey Moz - No it looks really cool :cool:

I don't know if it's relevent but the mirror has a slight tint to it - it makes you look like you've just come back from the carribean! :LOL: :LOL:

Perhaps that keeps the reflection down because when the TV is on it just looks like it's in the middle of the mirror..........when people come round and we switch the TV on they think it's great cos they don't expect to be able to watch the TV through a mirror!! :LOL:

Moz = how's your cat? One of ours isn't very well - she's called teabag and is going a bit senile.......!

JulieL said:
Perhaps that keeps the reflection down because when the TV is on it just looks like it's in the middle of the mirror..........when people come round and we switch the TV on they think it's great cos they don't expect to be able to watch the TV through a mirror!! :LOL:
You could attach a video feed of Catherine Zeta Jones say brushing her hair and pretend you are looking at yourself in the mirror. ;)

Won't work - She looks nothing like me. In my mind, Barry Gibb would work, though everyone else thinks Jeremy Spake would be more appropriate. :confused:

jtaunton said:
Won't work - She looks nothing like me. In my mind, Barry Gibb would work, though everyone else thinks Jeremy Spake would be more appropriate. :confused:
Who cares if she doesn't look like you as long as it is a full length naked shot of her :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back