Oooops

Like I said, you're subjected to the British version of history. For example France abolished slavery in 1794. It was 13 years later before UK merely abolished the trafficking of slaves within the British empire, in 1807. Slavery continued in the British Empire until 1833.

About £20M (in actual money at that time, about £300B in today's value) was put aside to compensate the slave owners in UK.
Haiti, who had gained independence from France were forced to pay $21B to compensate French slave owners. This debt was paid over 122 years, not fully paid off until 1947, by when none of the original slaves nor slave owners were still alive.

The slaves, whose lost wages is estimated at $20Tr, got nothing, and were forced to work for a pittance just to survive, for the slavers who had previously enslaved them.

But you don't care, you've already said, you're prepared to forget it all and move on.

french scoundrels reinstated slavery under bonaparte :p

Sponsored Links
The problem with this is that had they not been compensated the government wouldn't have been able to abolish slavery, people with money back then help immense power, they still do in the UK and with politics.

Providing compensation was the solution at the time.
Exactly. Their power was reinforced by the compensation for the loss of their slaves.
That financial clout continues to this day. Against the continued racism and discrimination experienced by non-white people.

Germans were using slaves in the 1940s

as were the Russians up to the 60s

Sponsored Links
This is your usual MO, which ends up with you flouncing off or being banned. You are a troll, and nothing more.
If I am banned, like so many before me apparently, for opposing and exposing racism and hate speech on this forum, it will demonstrate several things.
1. that DIYnot mods, admin or owners do not want racism and hate speech opposed nor exposed on this forum.
2. That such hate speech is not only allowed, but mods, admin or owners implement such measures as required to allow such hate speech, to continue unopposed.
3. That the forum is populated by such people who promote and post hate speech.
4. That government intervention is necessary to reduce such hate speech and promotion of racist agendas.

If I am banned for opposing and exposing racism and hate speech, I'll take that as recognition of my success. Even if I am a lone voice in the wilderness, I'll be content to know that my view is morally unassailable.

You need to ask yourself, why are so many like me banned from this forum.

Last edited:
Germans were using slaves in the 1940s

as were the Russians up to the 60s

Slavery in one form is widely practiced in India
The topic, in case you haven't noticed, is slavery of black people up to the abolition of slavery.
Of course there is modern day slavery, but it is on a different level to the enslaving of black people during the 1600 to 1800 period.

It is estimated that about 12,000,000 black people were enslaved, many of them dying in transit.
In Comparison, 6,000,000 Jews that were systematically robbed, raped, tortured and murdered by the Germans during WW2.

Wrong, it was started because of the hypocrisy of some.
You might think it's hypocritical of a black person to find out that one of her ancestors was involved in the enslaving of black people. But you obviously don't have a clue that it could be fundamentally shocking and upsetting to find out that one of your ancestors was responsible for such cruelty.
I don't suppose there is anyone on this forum who would be bothered to find out about their ancestors' depravity. In fact some have already said that it wouldn't bother then in the least to find that one of their ancestors was responsible for such a demonstration of inhumanity. Some may even find it amusing.
But other people do find it distressing and shameful to discover such awful history in their family.

You might think it's hypocritical of a black person to find out that one of her ancestors was involved in the enslaving of black people. But you obviously don't have a clue that it could be fundamentally shocking and upsetting to find out that one of your ancestors was responsible for such cruelty.
I don't suppose there is anyone on this forum who would be bothered to find out about their ancestors' depravity. In fact some have already said that it wouldn't bother then in the least to find that one of their ancestors was responsible for such a demonstration of inhumanity. Some may even find it amusing.
But other people do find it distressing and shameful to discover such awful history in their family.
Will she be making reparations to the descendants of the slaves owned by her forebears ? I doubt it, and I wouldn't expect her to, it was no fault of hers.

Will she be making reparations to the descendants of the slaves owned by her forebears ? I doubt it, and I wouldn't expect her to, it was no fault of hers.
Why you asking me?
Is she one of those inordinately wealthy landowners with unparalleled power and access to high places, gained by compensation for the loss of slaves?
Or is she just another black person who has suffered racism and discrimination all her life, along with her parents, etc?

I said we were at the forefront, didn't say we started it.

Slavery was common back to pre-biblical times and was common in Africa long before the GB became involved. The UK became involved in traditional slavery late and began stopping it quite early. Where perhaps the UK does have blame, is in the sheer scale of the slavery the UK was involved with.

Slavery was common back to pre-biblical times and was common in Africa long before the GB became involved. The UK became involved in traditional slavery late and began stopping it quite early. Where perhaps the UK does have blame, is in the sheer scale of the slavery the UK was involved with.

Millions of slaves were exported from Africa before a white set foot on the continent

black African countries made a fortune out of the slave trade

in any event **** happpens

I am not aware of any of my family involved in the slave trade but if they were
I could not care less tbh

that’s my take on the caper

captain ;)

Last edited:
And was practiced by the Catholic Church in Ireland until widespread ownership of washing machines made the Magdalene laundries unprofitable in the 1990s.

https://www.history.com/news/magdalene-laundry-ireland-asylum-abuse

Non-survivors were sometimes disposed of in unmarked mass graves.

yep thats a fact

catholic church had far to much sway in Ireland

how ever afaik they were all woman (?) and were placed there ( in most cases) by there families and imo those family members can be in the dock alongside
the Irish catholic church

If my family were involved in the slave trade a couple hundred years ago and they made a fortune that got passed on down the line

and ended up in my lap and some one said to me do I feel guilty or give the money back

I would tell em to go and do one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back