Oooops

Sponsored Links
It is people like you and BLM who are stirring up hatred and causing division. Perceived , and real racism seems to have escalated since the BLM movement came to prominence.
Nonsense, it's people like you, ReganandCarter, sxturbo, et al, who have no idea of the anger created in people who have to endure racism and discrimination in their everyday lives, based on the colour of their skin.
Yet you still persist in peddling your bigoted hatred towards those people. despite politicians calling for the cessation of hate-filled speech on social media.

Brit's can take the moral stance that we were at the forefront of abolishing it though..
Your suffering from an over-exposure of urban mythology.
The Abolition movement started in USA by Quakers.
UK compensated the slave owners with today's equivalent of millions of pounds for their loss of slaves.
The freed slaves got nowt.

We work for the Quaker’s :cool:

key holder to there chapel / meeting house :cool:

seem to be particularly interested in the environment :idea:

Sponsored Links
Yet when banned from such platforms, people like yourself just create a new persona and carry on antagonizing .
You suggesting that people like me are banned from DIYnot for opposing and exposing racism?
Why am I not surprised!

Yet when banned from such platforms, people like yourself just create a new persona and carry on antagonizing .
I'm awfully sorry if you find opposing racism as antagonising.
Perhaps if the constant stream of racism and hate-filled comments stops, I can stop. Then you wouldn't feel antagonised. :rolleyes:

Your suffering from an over-exposure of urban mythology.
The Abolition movement started in USA by Quakers.
UK compensated the slave owners with today's equivalent of millions of pounds for their loss of slaves.
The freed slaves got nowt.

I said we were at the forefront, didn't say we started it.

The problem with this is that had they not been compensated the government wouldn't have been able to abolish slavery, people with money back then help immense power, they still do in the UK and with politics.

Providing compensation was the solution at the time.

Britain was still at the forefront and lost many navy lives stopping the export of slaves.

Maybe the Quakers did start it, but not on as large a scale as the UK.

Tbh I don't know why I'm getting dragged into this himmy.

We work for the Quaker’s :cool:

key holder to there chapel / meeting house :cool:

seem to be particularly interested in the environment :idea:

In fact we work for several religious groups
Unatatrian church key Holder :cool:

Christian Science key holder :cool:

there is another chapel type church we work cannnot remember what denomination

worked at one time on some Plymouth brethren site

they struck me as fruit cakes tbh

mind you it came to my attention that they were doing interest free loans

considered at one time to joining up due to the loan caper

turn up ounce a week sing a hymn
Or what ever

I could do that plus there were some fit single lady’s there might have got my leg over ? That and a loan jeez us:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I said we were at the forefront, didn't say we started it.

The problem with this is that had they not been compensated the government wouldn't have been able to abolish slavery, people with money back then help immense power, they still do in the UK and with politics.

Providing compensation was the solution at the time.

Britain was still at the forefront and lost many navy lives stopping the export of slaves.

Maybe the Quakers did start it, but not on as large a scale as the UK.

Tbh I don't know why I'm getting dragged into this himmy.

Like I said, you're subjected to the British version of history. For example France abolished slavery in 1794. It was 13 years later before UK merely abolished the trafficking of slaves within the British empire, in 1807. Slavery continued in the British Empire until 1833.

About £20M (in actual money at that time, about £300B in today's value) was put aside to compensate the slave owners in UK.
Haiti, who had gained independence from France were forced to pay $21B to compensate French slave owners. This debt was paid over 122 years, not fully paid off until 1947, by when none of the original slaves nor slave owners were still alive.

The slaves, whose lost wages is estimated at $20Tr, got nothing, and were forced to work for a pittance just to survive, for the slavers who had previously enslaved them.

But you don't care, you've already said, you're prepared to forget it all and move on.

Sponsored Links
Back