Opening ceremony?

Sponsored Links
OOps!

I actually enjoyed the ceremony but it could have ended with something more rousing....'We are the champions'' for example, not Hey hey Jude Jude don't make don't make me me' etc.

:LOL:

I thought they could have ended with the favourites from the last night of the proms.

Imagine Pomp and circumstance, and the radetzky march blasting out, it would have brought the house down.

I thought it was fitting to honour Muhammad Ali. He didn't mind and showed great courage, great man!

I am not sure he showed great courage , I thought he did not know what was going on..his aid was saying to him "wave" but he was not responding

He has Parkinson's disease and is able to think for himself. I think he showed great courage and does every day as the greatest boxer who is fighting the biggest fight of his life every day and still is working in the public eye doing good.

Do you think they drugged him up to get him there?

Got nothing but admiration for the guy and feeling sorry for him is not what he is all about.

Sponsored Links
I thought it was fitting to honour Muhammad Ali. He didn't mind and showed great courage, great man!

I am not sure he showed great courage , I thought he did not know what was going on..his aid was saying to him "wave" but he was not responding

He has Parkinson's disease and is able to think for himself. I think he showed great courage and does every day as the greatest boxer who is fighting the biggest fight of his life every day and still is working in the public eye doing good.

Do you think they drugged him up to get him there?

Got nothing but admiration for the guy and feeling sorry for him is not what he is all about.

Ok , I take your point but also got to agree with you as he is one of my hero,s and to see him like that saddens me

The N Korea/S Korea debacle wasn't a great start to things. But they got the Swiss flag right, which is a big plus. ;) I'll get me coat :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Well what can I say? I haven't got time to do justice to my utter disappointment for the whole affair. Like a lot of things in England, a lot of money wasted on an opportunity to do a blinding job of it and show the world what a top job I know we could have we could have done. Paul's hair was looking good though!

I thought the bit, were the helicopter and the queen, flew over the statue of Winston Churchill, and he waved his arm skywards was great.
Didn't know so many countries started with the letter A&B! went to bed after Canada. Who lit the flame then?
The honour of lighting the Olympic Flame fell to seven young aspiring athletes. A very touching moment. I thought the way the cauldron all came together was brilliant. ;) ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19024254

Well i managed to scam some tickets for the Monday Dress Rehearsal and also watched it last night at home on the tele. The Dress rehearsal was almost identical apart from nobody jumped out of the helicopter. The dress reheasal stopped before the point when the athletes turned up.

Even with a 60 inch Panasonic Plasma, 12 inch 500 watt subwoofer and £2000 surround speakers the TV could not do the actual experience justice. The sound and light show at the stadium was incredible. The atmosphere of all those chimneys coming out of the ground, the ring being forged and lifted into the sky, the volunteers drumming with all their hearts, all that couldn't be reproduced on the screen.

The only thing the TV show did better was give closeup shots of the actors, in the stadium itself these couldn't be seen (and I was the third row). Some of the things that happened in the stadium could not easily be worked out - for example we thought Brunel was in fact Charles Dickens.

But it was a absolutely brilliant production when seen at the stadium, and you lot of naysayers can sod off, because it was in fact one of those rare things which the people there might just remember for the rest of their lives.

Must admit, I'm a tad jealous now Chapeau. I'd have loved to have gone to that . ;) ;) ;)

Aye, I was incredibly jealous too of those who saw it last night.

But the best part for me was sending pictures that I'd taken on Monday to all my mates 'in real time' pretending I was at the actual ceremony. I've got a lot fewer friends this morning :mrgreen:

I usually steer clear of ceremonies but I watched from start to finish, I enjoyed most of it, I think Macca is a bit past it now

I usually steer clear of ceremonies but I watched from start to finish, I enjoyed most of it, I think Macca is a bit past it now

I also think macca is past it and the baton should have been given to adele with that wonderful voice...being a big music fan I also enjoyed the themes through the ages but what I thought was carp was that " rap artist" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: who was shouting about something but I just muted the tv ( probably a age thing) and then the opening song from the artic monkees which was a load of noisy tosh...but overall I enjoyed it

No-ones mentioned the dancers yet :LOL: :LOL:

Months upon months of time to rehearse and yet still all out of time with eachother.
Fair play to them for bothering to turn up, but shocking performance nonetheless.

Sponsored Links
Back