Our planet

Sponsored Links
The recent switch from large consumption of veg to mass consumption of meat is causing huge problems. Expect to see more virus transfers from animals to humans.

Corona is a typical 21st century mass consumption disease.

Sponsored Links
Don’t quite see what a bang has to do with poisoning the planet tbh

The problem is the human race our way of life

we are now pontificating to the developing world about wat they should do

ultimately we are doomed

but hey ho transam does not really give a s*** tbh I will be long gone and discovering if all that life after death caper is true or just BS

Evolve?

The planet will heal and thrive without humans. Human occupation does little to benefit the planet.

Yes evolve,

The planet will evolve.

Did the planet stop when dinosaurs ended abruptly?....

No it did not.

It evolved, new species of plants and creatures were created, the landscape and weather patterns changed.

The world is constantly evolving,

Unfortunately the human race is accelerating evolution at a rate which the planet and it's species cannot adapt to. Which will eventually wipe out everything.

The planet will then reset itself over the course of millions of years.

Im not sure yet whether the human race will ever be fully extinct like some animals are.

Yes evolve,
We were referring to (or damage to) the planet itself and not the species on it. Or at least I was.

Our planet will manage just fine with or without evolving species.

I agree that the planet is ever changing, shifting.

Last edited:
I haven't read all the posts yet but I think the death knell was sounded when man learned to fly aeroplanes. It enabled him to reach far flung places much quicker and from then on we have been polluting the skies and re-populating in foreign lands. Add to this mans greed to own more land, (leads to wars), want more 'material' things as cheaply as possible, (low paid workers in poor countries trying to survive), and a whole host of other things. It just goes on and on until one day there will be nothing left because armageddon will arrive when countries throughout the world will be fighting each other again but this time to annihilation and there will be no victors.

Eh? That does not make the slightest sense.

The human race the way we live is forcing nature to adapt and evolve for us/ around us.

But the problem is it can't, and certainly not at the pace we are asking of it.

People are always going on about saving the planet. The planet will always be fine, it's man that will extinct himself the way we carry on. Whatever we do to the planet, it will recover and whatever species remain will evolve.

Greta Thunberg - all is forgiven - we need to follow your wise words.

Sadly though it is not in our nature, we just can't help ourselves, in the next 100 years we are heading for an almighty disaster - we live in very interesting times.

Orangutans, manta rays, whale sharks, great whites are all on my (& the missus) bucket list to see in their environments. Looking at Tsavo, I really hope we manage it.

Give the orangutans some Speedos, teach them to swim, and you could hit the lot in one go at the Sea-Life Centre(y);)

Sponsored Links
Back