p

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There is, but it's too long to draw and type in here. If you're in training, it should be in one of your books. It's also, for example, in pages 261/262 of the MEM catalogue, and I think it's in the current OSG as well.

Have a browse in the "for reference" section, or seach on "RCD Fault" as it might have been coveered before.

If you haven't got any of the books, and don't already know how, you may not be the ideal person to diagnose and fix a safety-related fault. Some of the people might be reluctant to join in here for that reason.

PaulJason said:
Hi John

Just wondered of anyone had any advice then?????? Im going to be checking out a fault on a caravan/holiday home, all i have been told is that is keeps tripping. so i wondered if there was a basic step by step guide to fault finding with an RCD protected board, plus i need to check the hook up on the site and the caravan

Before you start fault finding, are you aware of the regulation for caravans and mobile homes as they are very different from a house?

Section 608 of 7671 is written by IEE engineers not lawyers - if you can't understand it then how the hell are you going to work to it?

I'm also not sure that you should be getting fault finding experience on a caravan site that is used by the public when you don't understand basics.

If you want training then go along with someone qualified who knows what they are doing and watch.

Next time I want to practice my surgery is it OK if I look you up. I have read the books I just lack experiance

[pretends to be diyer]I think i had the same problem as PaulJason, but as he has now deleted his posts, this thread makes no sense, so this forum has now been no use to me at all. thanks for nothing[/pretending]

FFS this forum is not about just solving your own problem. The search button is there for a reason - DIYers come, sometimes even the regularas on here have questions - they use the search button first, then if they cant find an answer, they write a new post, which is then also searchable - its a good system and it works, and to delete your posts like that is very selfish. :evil:

I think we've upset him with our stern responses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back