Panic buying

I might be effectively unemployed within a fortnight and not have any money to pay the mortgage and bills, let alone food.
fingers crossed that doesnt happen -or if it does I hope the governments measures help you out.

Sponsored Links
fingers crossed that doesnt happen -or if it does I hope the governments measures help you out.
I'm betting that UC will have to be enhanced for the duration, at least in terms of the initial two week waiting period. Gawd knows how they'll manage the volume though.

You should see my local shops. All food gone from Sainsburys.
this morning I went to Tescos -I got to the door at 6.10am, shop opened at 6.00 and it was proper packed.

We dont need much in the way of food, but my mother in law, sister in law and my Dad are all self isolating so we are trying to get them some longer term food. The concern is that if either my wife or I get symptoms we will have self isolate too.

we managed to get rice, tinned tomatoes, surface wipes, toilet roll.
I am just buying 1 or 2 of each of these high demand things -enough to help the food last a bit longer, but not stockpiling.

we also bought some veg that keeps for quite a while: butternut squash, swede, celery -they all keep for a month or so and go in casseroles (no the butternut squash -I use that in a risotto dish).

the 24hour Tescos are now open from 6.00am till 10.00pm -it seems to me the only way to get some of the items you may want is to get there when the shop opens.

Sainsburys are making the 1st hour tomorrow for older and vulnerable people which is a good thing.

Tescos was mad busy -forget about social distancing, some aisles are so busy you cant go down them.

Sponsored Links
I hope your job situation improves.. gulp. Last night they said something about a 3 month mortgage break, but that doesn't help with everything..

I work for a retailer and there is a real risk we'll have to shut down. But also, the schools are likely to shut. My eldest's school has already close for years 9 and 10 due to lack of teaching staff, they are keeping years 7 and 8 in as too young to stay home all day by themselves, and year 11 are there to get their GCSE exams done. But likely they will be sent home after Easter, if the whole school doesn't shut before.

Just had some good news - I can start working from home. So that's a relief. Although still might be short-medium term, if they have to close, that will be the end of it.

I hear that some supermarkets are doing over 70s hours so people can get food and toiletries before the panic buyers grab it all.

I called in a backstreet mini-mart on my way home from dog walking to buy some milk and they had just about everything in there. I bought a 4 pack of toilet tissue (they were sensibly limiting it to one pack of toilet roll and one pack of kitchen roll per customer) for my daughter who has just returned home from a two week holiday in Mexico to a house with two toilet rolls and her fiancé with the Tom tits, some Alpen and some basmati rice. Went up the chemists to collect my Atorvastatin prescription and they were stacking the shelves with paracetamol so I bought a couple of packs of them. Happy days. :mrgreen:

My local shops were full too, for a few days, but then started to empty out.

I've contacted 4 elderly customers 1 neighbour and my mum and dad.

"If you need anything... Shopping or what ever let me know"

If they all gave me a shopping list.... How would I justify my bulk buying.?

I've contacted 4 elderly customers 1 neighbour and my mum and dad.

"If you need anything... Shopping or what ever let me know"

If they all gave me a shopping list.... How would I justify my bulk buying.?

Get them on whatsapp video, separate each order and have them ready to confirm this.

The culprits in all this panic buying caper are the remoaners ;) and the low IQ mob . Same thing really :LOL:

Remoaners are easily panicked ;) probably all cowering in there houses , curtains drawn , polishing there b*** ends :LOL:

The Brexiteers are out there on the front line keeping the country going :cool: risking our lives for the elderly & vunerable

Blimey we should get some recognition in the future ? some type of award ? or medal ?

Sponsored Links
Back