Part P renewal

ban-all-sheds said:
Bazdaa said:
This thread reminds me of snatch
A number of things remind me of snatch.

This forum isn't one of them......

Well good for you.

Once again your right, and thats all that matters.

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
hi all...forgive me if im wrong (again) but going back to the original question got me thinking. (yea it did hurt) All those pro's that were time served but didnt have 2381 & 2391 in the past were allowed to be a member of the niceic etc before jan 2005.I know personally of at least 2 sparky's.To update their memberships with those regulating bodies, they had to sit module 1 of the 17 module course that i sat.That module was concerned only with Part P.......So in a way , Part P is a qualification!!

So because to pass the driving test you have to study and prove knowledge of the Highway Code, is the Highway Code a qualification?

Do people go around saying "I'm Highway Code qualified"?

Do they say things like "Highway Code alone won't let you drive a car"?

Sponsored Links
Go on Ban you tell him.
How many folks say "I want you to Part P it".
Eh whaddya mean?
"I want you to do the part p bit, I will do everthing else",
But part P is all of it.
"Ohh round things I will get someone who understands me"
Thank F A Q for that - try joined up thinking whilst yer at it
Ha ha ha

Hey everybody isn`t electrics fun.
Not highly paid but fun nevertheless

part P is all of what? part P is only to do with safety. nothing else whatsoever. isnt concerened with wiring at all

sijaysee said:
just how far up your own a**e can you get???
Just how many ways, and by how many people, do you and bazdaa have to be told that "Part P" is the name of part of the Building Regulations, and not the name of a qualification?

I thought my analogy would help you to understand, but clearly this is something else that confuses you.

sijaysee said:
part P is all of what? part P is only to do with safety. nothing else whatsoever. isnt concerened with wiring at all

Part P applies to all domestic wiring etc.

Notification applies to most but not all of it.

Ban,
some people well need I say more.
you can`t confuse him because he`s been confused by experts.
I know, you`ve tried to enlighten him, but , well what else can you do?

Do you not listen to what Ban said.
There is no such thing as "Part P Qualification" AAAAGGGGHHH

im sorry but part p is a building regulation which deals with electrical safety but not with sizes of cables, bonding or any of that.thats not wiring and i stand by what i said. I know that Part P is not a qualification. All i said was that non qualified electricians who did their apprenticeship had to do the module entitled Part P to enable them to continue as approved installers etc.And by the way, notification doesnt apply to most wiring. Only special locations. Which i would say is less "most"

sijaysee said:
im sorry but part p is a building regulation which deals with electrical safety but not with sizes of cables, bonding or any of that.thats not wiring and i stand by what i said. I know that Part P is not a qualification. All i said was that non qualified electricians who did their apprenticeship had to do the module entitled Part P to enable them to continue as approved installers etc.And by the way, notification doesnt apply to most wiring. Only special locations. Which i would say is less "most"

ONLY SPECIAL LOCATIONS.

Where on Earth have you been?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back