Patch Panels.

Johnd said:
Do a professional job.

Put a door over them.

DSCN0035.jpg

DSCN0120_2.jpg

I agree :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sponsored Links
I see your doors have pictures of neat cables painted on them.

Very cunning trick :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Techparts reply is the best one. (( EDIT only now it has gone because he sneaked in an advert for a company ))

Patch panels allow for the wiring of the building ( work stations etc ) to be cabled to one "side" of the panel and the cabling from the central equipment to be cabled to the other "side" of the patch panel.

Then when IT people have finally decided what has to connect to what they use patch leads to connect things. Allows for changes to the set up without re-routing cables when the IT people realise the errors they made, only the patch cable has to be moved. All the main cables remain fixed.

Holy thread resurrection batman!
Advertising reported.

I thought yellow cables were reserved for crossovers?

No, that's just the colour Belkin, your local excessively overpriced high-street brand of junk, like to use.

I use yellow cables or tags for linking between infrastructure components (router, switches, APs, etc), and blue for WAN side connections. Entirely arbitrary.

No, that's just the colour Belkin, your local excessively overpriced high-street brand of junk, like to use.

I use yellow cables or tags for linking between infrastructure components (router, switches, APs, etc), and blue for WAN side connections. Entirely arbitrary.

I like yellow for PoE, blue for unpowered LAN, and green for uplinks :D

I like yellow for PoE, blue for unpowered LAN, and green for uplinks :D

Nah, red's PoE, and green is for external runs. ;)

Seeing as this thread has been bumped up, let's correct this:

Patch panels are simply large numbers of RJ45 sockets.

Despite common modern misapplication of that designation, and despite the fact that even some manufacturers and suppliers who should know better also misuse it, these are not RJ-45 sockets. RJ-45 is something quite different.

Seeing as this thread has been bumped up, let's correct this:

Patch panels are simply large numbers of RJ45 sockets.

Despite common modern misapplication of that designation, and despite the fact that even some manufacturers and suppliers who should know better also misuse it, these are not RJ-45 sockets. RJ-45 is something quite different.

Oh, boy, don't go there. No matter how large the hammer, you will not succeed in beating the truth into people on this matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back