Peoples' Vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How come a second vote is acceptable for the MPs, but another vote for the people is considered (by some) to be undemocratic?

"2. Second vote on the deal
It's been suggested that the government could try to bring back the deal for another attempt to get it through.
That's not completely straightforward because there's a principle that MPs shouldn't be asked to vote twice on the same issue during a single session of Parliament.
The Clerk of the House of Commons has also said the normal rule could be ignored if it "plainly was the will of the house" to overturn its previous vote." https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46393399

Sponsored Links
A second vote should be considered by all as a mockery of the whole system.

If you don’t get the result you want first time you just keep asking for another vote? That is so ridiculous it makes me laugh when I see these remoaners campaigning for it on TV.

You lost get over it.... :D

Sponsored Links
What would the choices be?

the May deal? -but that will have been voted down

WTO? hasnt that been ruled out as well.

remain?

Its too late to organise anyway so article 50 will have to be delayed.

Corbyn wont commit himself to a 2nd vote at the moment because he is scared to lose the Labour leavers. So he is playing Mr fence sitter for political reasons.

What would happen if the result is another 52% / 48% leave again......

A second vote should be considered by all as a mockery of the whole system.

If you don’t get the result you want first time you just keep asking for another vote? That is so ridiculous it makes me laugh when I see these remoaners campaigning for it on TV.

You lost get over it.... :D
Wasting your time telling Ellal,JonD Shedzy and Sirknowitall,,

remain?

Corbyn wont commit himself to a 2nd vote at the moment because he is scared to lose the Labour leavers. So he is playing Mr fence sitter for political reasons.

Sirno it all wants a 60% majority!!,,

remain?

Ellal would want in/out ref3

Another vote would be rigged by this corrupt heap of eu garbage.

How???? ,,, where have you been Nosey. Every referendum result that has gone the wrong way for the corrupt eu, and has been re-run, has resulted in the opposite result being given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back