Petrol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always prided myself that I can accurately get a round number when buying petrol, £20.00, £40.00 etc. Sad, but you know how it is, you can't deny you've tried it. Well, you can deny it, but you'd be lieing. Anyway...

Now that petrol is 98.9p/l or 99.9p/l, I have on the last couple of times looked at the wrong display - my last bill was £40.08. Gosh, they'll think I'm a woman or something!

Sponsored Links
have you noticed how the pumps have now slowed down

its so you think your getting value for money

and men sometimes look at the wrong dials too :LOL:

I thought people always paid for petrol on CC except the youngsters they still use a fiver.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
I thought people always paid for petrol on CC except the youngsters they still use a fiver.
Even paying with cc or dc, it's a 'sport'

ban-all-sheds

I usually go for whole numbers of litres....
When Im really boring I do a mental conversion back to gallons, strange how most still prefer mpg, even those growing up with metric units.

Where I usually fill up with fuel I stick my card in a slot to pay at the pump. However there is a maximum amount of £60 that you can charge to the card in this way. I never knew about this limit until the other day when I reached it and the pump cut out before the tank was full. Now that fuel is £1/litre I wonder if there are any more blockades and protests on the way?

ban-all-sheds said:

i should do this, i was once told that the morrisons miles card rewards the number of litres you get, not the money you spend, therefore you get maximum points by purchasing whole litres. I'm getting good at stopping the pump at £30 now though, i was going full throttle yesterday at the pump, right up to £30 :eek: when i managed to stop it just in time! Oh the joys of life . . .

crafty1289 said:
ban-all-sheds said:

i should do this, i was once told that the morrisons miles card rewards the number of litres you get, not the money you spend, therefore you get maximum points by purchasing whole litres. I'm getting good at stopping the pump at £30 now though, i was going full throttle yesterday at the pump, right up to £30 :eek: when i managed to stop it just in time! Oh the joys of life . . .

Yes but let's be honest it's easy in the summer good hand dexterity well lit displays ect, wait until the middle of winter.....numb fingers freezing cold pumps, poor light.......that's when the men get sorted from the boys!

If we had pumps like in USA and Canada where you can lock them on and then put your hands back in your pockets, that'd be better wouldn't it?

notb665 said:
If we had pumps like in USA and Canada where you can lock them on and then put your hands back in your pockets, that'd be better wouldn't it?

Didn't we use to have them, what happened to them?

If you use the truck pumps for diesel most of them have the trigger locks so you can keep your hands warm in the winter.

Although I've never tried it, evidently you can push a paper clip through the holes in the petrol pump trigger handle which restores the trigger lock

notb665 said:

Yea and try and get that lock off at £30 or 30 litres,we are talking the UK here, not the USA wre they can afford to go and have a cup of coffee and a **** while they fill up

i think its great being able to put 100 litres of fuel in the motor and getting change out of forty quid.

your hand doesn't half get numb holding the button in on the LPG pump though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back