GB News

I'm surprised GBNews hasn't found a slot for Lizz Truss - somewhere between the thoughts of Chairman Mogg and Mad Morgan: she could provide some comedy relief.

Sponsored Links
The Conservative party conference featured so many GB News shout-outs that you could almost imagine they were concerted. “I do also want to welcome some more friends here tonight,” announced Priti Patel at one point. “Our friends that are here, the newest, most successful, most dynamic, no-nonsense news station, and the defenders of free speech, that is my friends at GB News. Thank you for everything that you do. Just incredible. Honestly, just incredible.” Then there was Liz Truss. “Thank you for all you do,” she declared on stage to a GB News presenter. “And thank you for your work on GB News. Because in my view, we need more economics journalism, and we need more GB News. Challenging the orthodoxy, broadcasting common sense and transforming our media landscape. So long may it continue.”

:LOL:

On the one hand, what could be more establishment than GB News, a London-based media outlet owned by an investment firm and a multimillionaire Oxford-educated hedge fund guy who apparently wants to buy the Daily Telegraph? This is a channel employing not only the recently knighted Jacob Rees-Mogg, but also a deputy chairman of the governing Conservative party, on whose weekly show he can be found interviewing his own MPs and ministers.
Anyone to whom that feels anti-establishment has led a somewhat sheltered life.
On the other hand … GB News also showcases the likes of Neil Oliver, a guy who once wandered amiably enough around the coast of the UK for BBC documentaries, and now shares antisemitic/new world order/paedo conspiracy theories and likens Bill Gates to Nazi experimenters, as well as calling openly for “revolution”.

... Priti Patel at one point. “Our friends that are here, the newest, most successful, most dynamic, no-nonsense news station, and the defenders of free speech, that is my friends at GB News. Thank you for everything that you do. Just incredible. Honestly, just incredible....”

"Incredible" means "not believable."

A good word for an outlet that praises our government.

But that's what the RWR crave. The truth, is far too brutal for those sensitive souls. They feed upon right wing lies, then convince themselves its OK to believe it, because its an alternative truth.

Schmucks.

Sponsored Links
The Conservative party conference featured so many GB News shout-outs that you could almost imagine they were concerted. “I do also want to welcome some more friends here tonight,” announced Priti Patel at one point. “Our friends that are here, the newest, most successful, most dynamic, no-nonsense news station, and the defenders of free speech, that is my friends at GB News. Thank you for everything that you do. Just incredible. Honestly, just incredible.” Then there was Liz Truss. “Thank you for all you do,” she declared on stage to a GB News presenter. “And thank you for your work on GB News. Because in my view, we need more economics journalism, and we need more GB News. Challenging the orthodoxy, broadcasting common sense and transforming our media landscape. So long may it continue.”

:LOL:

On the one hand, what could be more establishment than GB News, a London-based media outlet owned by an investment firm and a multimillionaire Oxford-educated hedge fund guy who apparently wants to buy the Daily Telegraph? This is a channel employing not only the recently knighted Jacob Rees-Mogg, but also a deputy chairman of the governing Conservative party, on whose weekly show he can be found interviewing his own MPs and ministers.
Anyone to whom that feels anti-establishment has led a somewhat sheltered life.
On the other hand … GB News also showcases the likes of Neil Oliver, a guy who once wandered amiably enough around the coast of the UK for BBC documentaries, and now shares antisemitic/new world order/paedo conspiracy theories and likens Bill Gates to Nazi experimenters, as well as calling openly for “revolution”.
Sweeping statements or straplines always make me think 'eh?!?'

e.g. politician or political party saying 'on behalf of the British people' ... 'on behalf of the people of Scotland' as if they speak for everyone when in fact only a certain % of the public will agree with them, sometimes quite a small %.

Same with GB News. I think one of their straplines is 'we speak for the people of Britain' when in fact they don't. At best they speak for those who agree with whatever stance GB News is taking.

I get why they do it, however when you analyse it, these statements are based on very little if anything.

GBNews likes to label itself an 'independent' news outlet but the content and character of the output screams extreme right wing views.

Is it true?
Did i hear right??

Could it be...

...de Piffler is on his way to the newsroom?

Sponsored Links
Back