PHEW!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our loveable travellers will be relieved. Muni' tips are re-opening at last. I bet they are sick and tired of tax paying home-owners using their precious fly tipping spaces when they should be using the council refuse centres.

I'm not a big fan myself but I bet jobbing tradesmen with the demoted family estate cars will be delighted.

Sponsored Links
I know of one business which runs a car mainly for going to the tip

Sponsored Links
Don't they log the number of visits with ANPR?

They used to at Slough, they started doing it in Cornwall, then had to stop, something to do with the law, data protection?, dunno.

Anyway, my man with a tipper has taken away two loads, £140 & £80, he's pretty fair.

They used to at Slough, they started doing it in Cornwall, then had to stop, something to do with the law, data protection?, dunno.

Anyway, my man with a tipper has taken away two loads, £140 & £80, he's pretty fair.

Tipper? You mean skip?

I think I will get myself a skip but there is a 2 week waiting list.

I can expect the queues to be huge at the tip!

Tipper? You mean skip?

No I use a man with a small tipper truck, think it takes about 3 ton. Started using him when working in a few odd places with very tight access so not possible to drop a skip. I've stuck with him because he's generally cheaper than a skip, and he's a nice bloke.

I've just had Hippo take away a bag of plasterboard (09m3) for £125, cos we wanted it out of the way and couldn't go to the dump.

My neighbours car is full of crap ready for the tip to open, has been for 2 weeks.

Must admit, I could do with a trip there myself although no doubt they will still have this crud about 10 bags of inert waste only or they charge a silly price for it.

Tips in our area are only open for "black bin waste" and you can only visit on certain days, depending on whether you have an odd or even number as the last number on your plate.

Luckily we have two cars: one ending in odd and the other even!

Don't you just love councils?

Charge a lot, increase in fly tipping.
Prohibit vans from tips, increase in fly tipping.
Tips closed, increase in fly tipping.

Then they have to clear it anyway. Brilliant.

Sponsored Links
Back