PHEW!

Believe it or not, some people take the pi$$ out of the local tip. Some tradesmen don't realise you can even hire your own skip.

Incredible!

Sponsored Links
Believe it or not, some people take the pi$$ out of the local tip. Some tradesmen don't realise you can even hire your own skip.

Incredible!

How many trades don't have a licence to carry waste. Most I should imagine.

How many trades don't have a licence to carry waste. Most I should imagine.

I've got one but to be fair, I think a lot of people are simply unaware that you should have one, it's not exactly well publicized.

Back in the day our tip was an old quarry, you used to drive in and dump whatever , usually a fire burning somewhere, I used to see a local "businessman" turn up in his Merc and poke around in the special bunker looking for old furniture, he drives a Bentley now

Sponsored Links
Back in the day our tip was an old quarry, you used to drive in and dump whatever , usually a fire burning somewhere, I used to see a local "businessman" turn up in his Merc and poke around in the special bunker looking for old furniture, he drives a Bentley now

Amazing. Who in this god forsaken world would dump a Bentley.

223916_1_.jpg

I've got one but to be fair, I think a lot of people are simply unaware that you should have one
The only people that are gonna get nicked are those actually at the tip, otherwise you are simply transporting materials.
So its only those Poundland jobbers, clogging up the local munis, that are going to get nicked. Happy days.

Always seems odd to me that a homeowner could take a trailer load of their building rubble to the dump for free, but if they employ a tradesperson there is a requirement for payment and tradesperson needs waste carrier licence.
Same rubbish, but two rules.
I can understand it is unfair for a builder to go to a recycling centre and fill skips with half a back of a house though.

The only people that are gonna get nicked are those actually at the tip, otherwise you are simply transporting materials.
So its only those Poundland jobbers, clogging up the local munis, that are going to get nicked. Happy days.

I have read that there have been road checks on vans and some trades have been heavily fined for simply carrying a few off cuts of materials. If that is the full truth it seems to me to be very unfair.
What constitutes ‘commercial waste’ is debatable.

I have read that there have been road checks on vans and some trades have been heavily fined for simply carrying a few off cuts of materials. If that is the full truth it seems to me to be very unfair.
What constitutes ‘commercial waste’ is debatable.
I have been pulled a few times, I mainly do commercial work so there is a skip on site usually, EA guy quizzed me about what I did with my waste

Not true.. I know of people who have been done. We have an weighbridge off the motorway they get pulled up there. I know of people getting fines for transporting scrap copper

Sponsored Links
Back