PHEW!

Do you not have a licence to carry waste?
No. I may get one though if its only a poxy amount per year. I visit the local tip mebbe 3 times per year (household waste). I move junk from the site to my lock up. I'm not an ideal candidate for a WCL, no.

The only time it would be useful is if we have two sites going and only one skip...:cautious:

Sponsored Links
No. I may get one though if its only a poxy amount per year. I visit the local tip mebbe 3 times per year (household waste). I move junk from the site to my lock up. I'm not an ideal candidate for a WCL, no.

The only time it would be useful is if we have two sites going and only one skip...:cautious:

For the cost there's no point not too. Even recyclables like copper and brass, are under that same licence.

I don't know if these silly story's are true or not, but trades are getting pull up and fined.

It's about £105 for 3 years.

I don’t pay for commercial waste removal at my workshop. Paper and recyclables - I get the students to take them up to the bins at the bottom of the flats when they go home, any metal rubbish is collected by various foreign scrap collectors who call round pushing a supermarket trolley, general stuff is spread amongst my residential neighbours dustbins, old tyres left on the corner of the street for the council to collect and waste engine oil is poured down the sink or the nearest the drain. Sorted.

I just lob my empty bottles out of the car window, and then walk back collecting them again.....just to show the neighbours how virtuous I am :mrgreen:
John :)

Sponsored Links
It's about £105 for 3 years.
Unless you are removing waste from the job, you can get a lower tier license for free.
The two tiers of the Waster Carrier Licence explained
Under the licence, there are two tiers of registration, depending on the type of waste that you have. If you carry any building or demolition waste, or even empty silicone tubes, you are classed as an ‘Upper Tier’ carrier. If you have previously been exempt from carrying waste charges or you carry your own waste that you’ve produced (not including building and demolition materials) on a normal basis, you’re classed as a ‘Lower Tier’ carrier and you won’t appear on a public register. Both tiers demonstrate that regardless of the type of waste you carry, you need to be registered.

In England and Wales, under the Environmental Agency, if you are a Lower Tier carrier registration is usually free, and Upper Tier costs £154. However, these costs can vary between different agencies if you live in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
https://www.certass.co.uk/waste-carrier-licences/

old tyres left on the corner of the street for the council to collect and waste engine oil is poured down the sink or the nearest the drain. Sorted.

Environmental hooligan; you should put the oil in the tyres, and burn the lot.(y)

Our green bin collection starts again next week -which is great news for me as Ive run out of room.

Its probably about time I applied for my householders permit to dispose of my 10 bags of inert waste.

These are 900x600 bags I think, so I have been saving the dog food bags & fill them half full so I can do 20 1/2 bags (better for carrying) except the big problem is - the permits are only issued at a particular time in the year and take blooming ages to come.

EDIT: Well I would apply for one, but they cannot even let you do that.

Sponsored Links
Back