Phone locked

Buy them both the cheapest PAYG mobile you can find. Let them fund them.

That way, they will soon find out the value of money.

Or is that harsh??!!

Sponsored Links
Secure to Insecure in about 6 or so years !! ;)

Problem is, you buy the phone .. ( and I agree absolute, base models only, they must fund a more hi-tech money drain for themselves ) with security ( ;) ) in mind ... The reality is very soon they don't care too much about security, being fresh and uninhibited by our fears.. communication with friends is their priority.
Then they learn ... run out of credit before that gig night you have been dreading !! What do you do ? Thoughts of them in a problem situation being unable to ring you for help because YOU did not credit their phone. :cry: :cry: :cry:
So my idea (too late for us ... they credit their own now :D I guess with some of our dosh :cry: ) is to have the phones in your name Pay as you go ... set up the facility to credit the phone by text or call ... then you have that back-up ... The 'gig' has finished, they are lost, credit almost gone ... Do you have them walking the streets for a working public phone. .for which they'll probably have no change ? Or credit their phone and have them name the road within which they stand ?

Mobiles are wonderful things ... but can entice youngsters into a habit financially as bad as smoking ... another rip off perpetrated on children.

P

breezer said:
get in touch with your phone co. differnt providers do it differently
Info, for those who are interested, lucky I got 2 boys ;)

BT charge £1.75 per month and you use your own choice of 4 digit number before dailing out.

999 call automatically override this.

Sponsored Links
planenut said:
Whatever happened to two tins and a piece of string?
It had everything going for it, if you wanted to have a conference call you just knotted another piece of string on :)

My old folks invested £50 in an old payphone from a bankrupt pub auction.
It made bills a lot cheaper.

The only poblem was when my sisters boyfriends mum was chatting to the mother in the ASD and mentioned that he always rang her and never vice versa!!!

Back