Picture of the week!™

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well folks, it's that time of the week again!

There is not much of an explanation required for this picture.

IMGP2102.jpg

Sponsored Links
someone has made a bit of a mess trying to fit a hager breaker to a MK board but I don't see anything hugely wrong.

not enough RCBOs

wrong size hammer used to "tool and form" busbar to fit that one device (how difficult can it be to find MK devices?)

edited - those are 2pole devices at the end by the timer, right? shame they aren't MK. Have they been cobbled together? I can't make out what they're doing. Are they contactors for heating or something? Are they on a 3P circuit?

Sponsored Links
I removed the busbar sheild for the picture.

I'm not certain what the clock / contactors are for. I think it was some garden lighting.

This was a domestic SP/N installation.

Horrible exposed busbar (or did you remove the barrier?)

Surely that's not a problem once the lid and blanks are in place as long as a tool is required to remove it? Assuming it also meets the correct IP rating of an enclosure.

The busbar should never be live when the lid is removed so shouldn't create a hazzard (even if the shield had been removed or misplaced).

The busbar should never be live when the lid is removed so shouldn't create a hazzard (even if the shield had been removed or misplaced).
It is generally reccomended that RCD tests be done from the board (and in the case of say RCBOs feeding fixed equipment you may have little choice but to do them from the board), you can't really do that without having the board cover off with the board live. Also in a commercial situation it may be nessacery to add/remove circuits without isolating the entire board (yes you will expose some live metal when you remove a breaker or blank from a live board but the less exposed live metal the better). Also if computer equipment is involved you may want to minimise the number of on/off cycles (one problem is you can go round shutting down all the computers but some of them may be set to auto boot after the power is turned off and back on even if they were turned off when the power went out).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back