Pilot on gas fire

BG didnt teach me gas.

I wasnt fortunate enough to fall into a installation/service/repair company, I fell into metering.

If the black marking isnt CO then what is it?

Sponsored Links
The black sooting is CO2 being produced Only a small amount. What doesnt stick to the casing/wall/glass/whatever will most likely go out of the flue.

But its not burning correctly, As said, get it serviced. Sounds like a good clean is in order.

Sorry to add, but you do know what Co2 is don't you? Us humans exhale it. I'd have to be on 200 woodbines a day to soot anything with Co2.

The black sooting is CO2 being produced Only a small amount. What doesnt stick to the casing/wall/glass/whatever will most likely go out of the flue.

But its not burning correctly, As said, get it serviced. Sounds like a good clean is in order.

Sorry to add, but you do know what Co2 is don't you? Us humans exhale it. I'd have to be on 200 woodbines a day to soot anything with Co2.

Yes congrats for jumping on the bangwaggon, If you read back, this has already been pointed out.

God forbid the chance to have an arguement with someone who works at BG and you resist the urge to have a go. Grow up.

Your a meter fitter son not a proper worker so dont get above your station.
Oh for fek sake he thinks soot is CO, take shovel out your hand

Sponsored Links
If I was to run around telling customers Co2 is causing soot in a gas fire, my business would not last very long. Remember this, you are posting your rubbish for the whole wide world to see. If you wish to post, get it right. This advice may put you in good stead for the future.

Listen to namsag - if you dont know what creates soot, find out. :rolleyes:

If I was to run around telling customers Co2 is causing soot in a gas fire, my business would not last very long. Remember this, you are posting your rubbish for the whole wide world to see. If you wish to post, get it right. This advice may put you in good stead for the future.

Listen to namsag - if you dont know what creates soot, find out. :rolleyes:

Did you read my last reply, I'm guessing not. Its been said already.

Your a meter fitter son not a proper worker so dont get above your station.
Oh for fek sake he thinks soot is CO, take shovel out your hand

There you go again with more put downs, albeit ones that are probably 'acceptable' in a public forum.

I have the correct qualifications to be a 'proper worker' as you put it gasman. But as i said, i wasn't fortunate enough to land a job in installation and servicing. Because all you 'proper workers' want to rinse a newbie with next to nothing in money. Dont actually care for passing knowledge on, Just care for being right.

And changed your bloody username, your giving the rest of us a bad name!

[I, for the record, am not a Meter Fitter]

And changed your bloody username, your giving the rest of us a bad name!

[I, for the record, am not a Meter Fitter]

Its ok as you dont work for BGSM. I dont give you a bad name, The rest of the neysayers on here do.

Way to stick up for an colleague even though you see the amount of crap BG gets. Thats right, stop typing to avoid crap and become pally with the people that hate BG

BMM, your nearer Cheshire than I am - by about 200 miles. ;)

BGSM... You need people to stick up for you? Why, when you post flagrant advice?

I was joking, young man.

But you are doing nothing for yourself by having such a username.

You do realise, everything you post will now be seen by the latest addition to our fantastic company?

Those office bodies who are trawling the internet looking for people badmouthing us, and our engineers who are bringing us into disrepute?

On top of that, everytime you get it WRONG, you will be torn apart.

ALLLLL because, and your not necessarily wrong, but ALLLLL because your proud to finally be a part of the wonderful BG

So go on what proper qualifications have you got after reading your post in the CC where you had to ask the basics on purging i doubt you have any appliances.

Why should someone stick up for someone because they work for same company .
It was partly to do with the down grading of my trade why i left BG and got fed up defending half trained halfwits at disiplinarys

I understand what and when i can purge.

The relevance of the question in the CC was if someone with CMA can purge at a boiler.

Considering you vast experiences as a gas engineer, It would of been nice for you to share the knowledge you have.

As for reading that thread. You will of undoubtedly read what qualifications I had and was merely after clarification of the certs that BG are giving to their newly trained meter installers.

I understand what and when i can purge.

The relevance of the question in the CC was if someone with CMA can purge at a boiler.

Considering you vast experiences as a gas engineer, It would of been nice for you to share the knowledge you have.

As for reading that thread. You will of undoubtedly read what qualifications I had and was merely after clarification of the certs that BG are giving to their newly trained meter installers.

What about cookers, water heaters, fires, wau's, tumble driers etc? It may be best to ask your supervisor these questions, rather than an open forum.

You mention modules but you don`t actually say what you have ,but if you don`t` know what Co/co2 or C is which is all basic core i dont hold out much hope for what you actually know about appliances.
Yep vast knowledge around 50,000 jobs done in every aspect and every appliance in domestic gas market except radios and irons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back