Planning a snowy journey ?

Sponsored Links
Not true! We often hear about lots of snow in Scotland and Cumbria on our weather reports/news. Not that anyone down South cares!!! :whistle:
The problem I have with this, is that the weather report will say something like "-15 and 22 foot of snow to hit the UK". Then when you read further this only applies to a little hamlet in the Orkneys or just outside Norwich. OK technically correct, but on a scale of Tenuous, its 11 out of 10.

It's like the weather itself has to be the story, and like most news nowadays its exaggerated and wrong.

I suspect that most people only need to know the weather within a few miles of their home. Or they will look for the weather at the place that's relevant to them. And all this crap that's on the news today, is regional news not national.

Sponsored Links
alpha males
It was like land of the giants last year in Austria. I'm not exactly short (at 5'-11") but the après boozers seemed to be full of blokes towering over me. Like being at a Twickenham international rugby match day boozer.
People smoke inside too. Really weird seeing (and smelling) that now.

It was like land of the giants last year in Austria. I'm not exactly short (at 5'-11") but the après boozers seemed to be full of blokes towering over me. Like being at a Twickenham international rugby match day boozer.
People smoke inside too. Really weird seeing (and smelling) that now.

At least it masks the smell of sweaty skiers somewhat, those places pong at bit!

If you live "darn sarf" then it is advised that you stay at home until the current weather emergency is over, the rest of us are advised to wear a coat.

It always surprises how many men wear shorts over the winter.....

I feel a wimp when Ive got a fleece and jacket on and some guy walks by wearing a pair of shorts

It always surprises how many men wear shorts over the winter.....

I feel a wimp when Ive got a fleece and jacket on and some guy walks by wearing a pair of shorts

I wear shorts year round. It's strange, I don't really feel the cold in my legs but I dither up the top some days.

There is nowhere in this land that has experienced either a heavy snowfall or an extreme low temperature.

Why is this being played out like some sort of apocalypse?

There is nowhere in this land that has experienced either a heavy snowfall or an extreme low temperature.

Why is this being played out like some sort of apocalypse?

Drive fear into people and they will consume. I bet the bread isle is looking a bit sparse right now.

Drive fear into people and they will consume. I bet the bread isle is looking a bit sparse right now.
It's probably just more to do with selling newspapers.... and perhaps a slow news day.

Sponsored Links
Back