Plumber/Heating enginers perspective required

Gatecrasher asked for an opinion/perspective from the world of heating engineers, and has definitely got one.
He/she certainly asked, but he/she didn't earn any right to receive one until he/she provided information that was firmer than some old mashed potato in an advanced state of mastication.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps it is zimmers on another wind up?

3 pages and still a refusal to tell us make, type or even fault with this imaginary boiler :eek:

I know of 2 Renault megane customers who got given new cars as the local dealer could not fix them. Apparently they are the Suprima/Isar of the car world.

Perhaps it is zimmers on another wind up?

3 pages and still a refusal to tell us make, type or even fault with this imaginary boiler :eek:

I know of 2 Renault megane customers who got given new cars as the local dealer could not fix them. Apparently they are the Suprima/Isar of the car world.

The fault is listed on page 2 as requested. The boiler was recommended, supplied and fitted by the installer.

Dear op, kindly provide us with the details like make, model and numbers/letters of your boiler.

As for your installer, he has supplied, installed, and commissioned a boiler and if I understood correctly, has yet to ask for his first penny. Imho, that is very kind and trusting and there is not a snowflake’s chance in hell I would even consider doing the same. To be more precise; without a deposit, I don’t even get my pen out to put an installation in my diary.

From a legal point of view, you actually don’t have a boiler until you have paid for it; your installer owns your boiler and as such is not obliged to repair of replace it.
It goes without saying that making sure the boiler works adequately would somewhat increase his chances of speedy payment. :D

Sponsored Links
The fault is listed on page 2 as requested.

The boiler was recommended, supplied and fitted by the installer.

But you have not identified the make and model of the boiler or for that matter the installer although perhaps thats less important if they really are CORGI registered.

If you want free professional help then you will need to freely give us the relevant information we ask you for!

Tony

Thank you Tony, you saved me from saying that ;)

Why does everyone assume that a combi has been installed correctly because it has a 22mm gas supply :eek: :rolleyes:

Still think it's a wind up ;)

The problem we have is with the HW in that it cycles between lukewarm and cold gradually remaining cold. The boiler fires up but rather than the burner cutting out it's as if it fades out (if that makes sense).

That is a typical symptom of a blocked plate heat exchanger!

Merely telling us that the system has been flushed does not mean that all the dirt has been removed! Every month I hear an installer saying how a system has been power flushed and its totally full of dirt because a lot of dodgey installers tell total lies!

Tony

Someone mentioned that you don't have a contract with the manufacturer. This is untrue. The warranty is a contract, it being offered "at large", and accepted by you when purchasing the boiler, even from an installer.

You have no contractual right to expect, or require, the installer to solve

The rights of the customer under law are against the supplier rather than the manufacturer and a manufacturer's guarantee does not take those rights away.

I cannot help but think that you have taken this a little too personally for some reason.

Anyway thank you all for your time and input. Especially you Softus, you obviously don't get out much!

gatecrasher3 wrote:

But you have still not identified the make and model of the boiler or for that matter the installer although perhaps thats less important if they really are CORGI registered.

If you want free professional help then you will need to freely give us the relevant information we ask you for!

Tony

Merely telling us that the system has been flushed does not mean that all the dirt has been removed! Every month I hear an installer saying how a system has been power flushed and its totally full of dirt because a lot of dodgey installers tell total lies!Tony

Tony, unfortunately I had to go back to one of my jobs this week and had to re-powerflush the system FOC.

The original had been done, I thought, 'by the book' using X400. This time I used X800 and it was worse than I could remember the original system flush crud that was removed, hence my other reply in another post that I have stopped using X400 :eek:

Still don't know hwere it had all been hiding :confused:

gatecrasher3 wrote:

But you have still not identified the make and model of the boiler or for that matter the installer although perhaps thats less important if they really are CORGI registered.

Tony

The installer is Corgi registered. But as I said I was literally after your opinions as to how you would deal with a similar situation as installers rather than looking for possible remedies. Hopefully they will worked out by the installer/manufacturer, whichever decides to take responsibility.

gatecrasher3 wrote:

Tony

The installer is Corgi registered. But as I said I was literally after your opinions as to how you would deal with a similar situation as installers rather than looking for possible remedies. Hopefully they will worked out by the installer/manufacturer, whichever decides to take responsibility.

The make and model of the boiler is irrelevant, the OP question did not actually ask anyone to diagnose the problem.
To answer your question, if the Installer supplied the boiler and installed it, then if there is a problem with it, he should first attend site to see if he can rectify the problem, it could be something simple, or something he had done wrong, it appears by your posts that he has attended and could not find a fault with his work, as he supplied the boiler, HE should arrange with the manufacturer to send one of their engineers to rectify the problem, if you had supplied the boiler, then I would leave the arranging of the manufacturer to you, after I had checked my own work.

I would certainaly not change the boiler, the manufacturer needs to have the chance to fix it, if it was unrepairable, I would expect the manufacture to pay me to change it.

This has all the markings of a dodgy story.
Careful avoiding of any details.
Total ignoring of questions about details
Odd question as there effectively is nothing to worry about apart from minor inconvenience; installation is completed but not a penny paid.
He does not want to get the solution of the problem no matter how simple, only a hypothetical answer to a general question.
Gimme a break, don’t cowmanure a cowmanurer.

2 options:
op is presenting a what-if situation in preparation of accepting an offer that sounds to good to be true or something alike
op got a heatline/ideal/ravenheat and installed it himself or had it done by “the-bloke-from-the-pub-who-used-to-be-CORGI” and is now wondering: WTF do I do to get this mess sorted.

I have dismissed option 3 being another zimmers post as it does not have enough spelling mistakes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back