Plumber/Heating enginers perspective required

The purchaser of a boiler from an installer has a contract with that installer. The exact terms of that contract are dependent on the agreement between those parties.

Yep, a fully working system. The goods supplied must correspond with the description given, be of satisfactory quality; and be fit for the purposes.

If the manufacturer offers a warranty, then the purchaser also has a contract with the manufacturer.

Correct, I have never questioned or inferred that, that is not the case.

The purchaser, if not a business, also has statutory rights under specific consumer legislation, in addition to general rights under Contract Law.

That's right THE SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES ACT 1982

Now then, I expect you're going to insist that the consumer has no contract with the manufacturer. If you think this is the case, then please explain how any consumer has any rights under the terms of any manufacturer's warranty.

See above you poor mis-guided fool.

To illustrate your point, please name any consumer, any product, and any manufacturer you wish, and also the specific legislation that provides the non-contractual rights that you believe permits a consumer to claim against a manufacturer (e.g. The Ritual Humiliation Act 1971).

At this stage my "claim" would be against the supplier not the installer, did you not pick that up having read through this thread?

On the off chance that the boiler should prove to be defective and thereby pose a health and safety hazard I could rely further on the CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1987 in support of any potential claim.

Sponsored Links
As for argi, I visit lots of chat forums, does not mean I like them all, but why bring this up within this topic, it seems to me you are just trying to stir things, if you have a problem with me contact me directly, it is unfair that you drag other peoples posts down
My username is billy bob can you not read

It is on here Silverback, I prefer to use your ARGI name so other members know when you are looking in on ARGI ready to slag them off on here.

Why would I want to contact a turncoat privately :confused: :eek:

To the OP: Do you have enough now to withhold payment? //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=803965#803965
As point of interest.... posting the make and model of the boiler would be helpful to RGIs and other forum members eg. known faults... your reluctance to share these details after repeated requests in strikingly odd :confused:

Thanet

Payment has not yet been requested so payment or witholding of is not an issue.

I have been deliberatly vague with the details and the reason for this is that at this stage I do not know if the problem I am experiencing is with the unit or the install and until I do it would be unfair of me to speculate.

As I said, I simply wanted other peoples thoughts which is what I have got.

Thanks all for your time I shall bid you a fond farewell.

Sponsored Links
gatecrasher3 said:
The purchaser, if not a business, also has statutory rights under specific consumer legislation, in addition to general rights under Contract Law.
That's right
I know it's right. It's you who's struggling.

Now then, I expect you're going to insist that the consumer has no contract with the manufacturer. If you think this is the case, then please explain how any consumer has any rights under the terms of any manufacturer's warranty.
See above you poor mis-guided fool.
I'm highly amused to see that you agree with someone whom you regard as misguided (no hyphen) and a fool.

Let's not forget who's been labelled as wind-up merchant, and whose behaviour on this topic has been called "strikingly odd", and who is so misguided and foolish as to have failed to follow the forum guidance when requesting information and help.

To illustrate your point, please name any consumer, any product, and any manufacturer you wish, and also the specific legislation that provides the non-contractual rights that you believe permits a consumer to claim against a manufacturer (e.g. The Ritual Humiliation Act 1971).
At this stage my "claim" would be against the supplier not the installer, did you not pick that up having read through this thread?
At no point have you stated who supplied the boiler, and whether or not it was the same person who installed it, so it would be an assumption on my part to "pick up" the idea that your installer was not your supplier. If you want things to be clear, then just state them clearly.

On the off chance that the boiler should prove to be defective and thereby pose a health and safety hazard I could rely further on the CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1987 in support of any potential claim.
That's very nice, but it has nothing to do with my question, which concerned the manufacturer's warranty.

Payment has not yet been requested so payment or witholding of is not an issue.
Spelling, however, seems to be an issue.

I have been deliberatly vague with the details and the reason for this is that at this stage I do not know if the problem I am experiencing is with the unit or the install and until I do it would be unfair of me to speculate.
Although you're entirely comfortable with asking other people to speculate with very limited information. :rolleyes:

As I said, I simply wanted other peoples thoughts which is what I have got.

Thanks all for your time I shall bid you a fond farewell.
Thank F for that.

As for argi, I visit lots of chat forums, does not mean I like them all, but why bring this up within this topic, it seems to me you are just trying to stir things, if you have a problem with me contact me directly, it is unfair that you drag other peoples posts down
My username is billy bob can you not read

It is on here Silverback, I prefer to use your ARGI name so other members know when you are looking in on ARGI ready to slag them off on here.

Why would I want to contact a turncoat privately :confused: :eek:

SAD

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back